Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta cup: Cork v Shels

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Roar wrote:
    Crawley led with his head last night. What did he expect? I know George made a meal of it but hey, that's football.. You simply cannot compare it to what Rivaldo did.

Erm, excuse me: But are you blind?! GO'C made the exact same move as Crawley! They BOTH leant in. GO'C made a meal of it. If it was a straight red for the "intent" then GOC should have received the same punishment.

Comparisson to Rivaldo: Complete overreaction, with the intent of seeing a fellow sportsman dismissed. In other words, cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The two of them went in. One of them went down like Saddam's Henchman on a bad day in Baghdad.

He cheated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shelbourne FC : Bad Winners, Worse Losers :p;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote:

yup!

so much so that seansouth has put "George O'Callaghan is a diving cheat" into his sig already :p

Roar wrote:
    yup!

so much so that seansouth has put "George O'Callaghan is a diving cheat" into his sig already :p
    Well, its true. He is.

That said, on the whole Cork were the better of two bad teams and I see no reason why the second goal was disallowed. But that doesn't change the fact that what GOC did was scum.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Well, its true. He is.

That said, on the whole Cork were the better of two bad teams and I see no reason why the second goal was disallowed. But that doesn't change the fact that what GOC did was scum.

fair enough.. if the roles were reversed it would be me and gimmick on here giving out about Crawley and you and seansouth calling him a legend..

How would he be called a legend? For complete and utter unsporting behaviour that had tarnished his good reputation?

Are you calling GOC a legend? If so, I'd suggest you rethink your definition of legend, it gave you no advantage and din't win you the match, it was just pure deceitfulness.

Come off your high horse a bit there dude... so you're saying you'd be calling one of your own players "scum" (as you've just called georgie not two posts ago) if the roles were reversed.. I'm sure ya would yeah :rolleyes:

gimmick wrote:
    Please to explain.

I accept defeat, we were beaten by a better team. The only point I am arguing is that O'Callaghan is indeed a diving cheat.

gimmick, answer me this, have you yet seen the incident?

Surely you have spoken to people who did see it, whether in the ground at the game, or on TV, as many on here have. Anyone who saw it couldn't defend O'Callaghan, under any circumstance.

• Advertisement

Roar wrote:
    fair enough.. if the roles were reversed it would be me and gimmick on here giving out about Crawley and you and seansouth calling him a legend..
    Please.

I don't see anyone calling O'Cheataghan a legend, not even gimmick.

I want to re-iterate a point made by someone else.

I would be ashamed if any Shels player acted in the cowardly, cheating way Boy George did last night, and I would certainly not be on here defending such actions.

For the last time, and please take this on board. O'Callaghan cheated. I am not giving out about the club, the result of the game, or any other incident in the game in any way. I am having a go at one player and his actions. I had a go at other cheats, and this is no exception. The fact that he did it is bad enough, but the fact that it was absolutely pointless makes my blood boil. He gained no advantage from his actions, just a bad reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Whatever about Rivaldo'Callaghan it doesn't disguise the fact that Shels were gutless and without any spark whatsoever. Did we have a shot on target? None that I can rmemeber. But for the ref we'd have lost 2-0 and we'd have deserved it. Crawley shouldn't be let play for a premier team, he's not upto it, not by a long chalk, and his aimless hoofs are killing our style of football and basically starving Crowe and Byrne of any decent service. The only chance either had was an excellent long range volley from Jayo, and that was it.

Wes has to start, Moore isn't a central mid fielder. I think he's decent on the left, better than Ollie was last night, but Matt Holland the second in the middle. Wes gives us some creativity and some spark, if we pass the ball to him. Cawley was decent when he came on but obviously Stuey has to start. Baker was hopeless, but has been decent this season, but I think he's reverting back to his typical form now. Get Wes in the middle with Byrne, and either tell Crawley that you can pass the ball under 40 yards or tell him to stay at home and get a defence that is comfortable with the ball, like Hawkins who was again our best player, and we should be alright.

Roar wrote:
    Come off your high horse a bit there dude... so you're saying you'd be calling one of your own players "scum" (as you've just called georgie not two posts ago) if the roles were reversed.. I'm sure ya would yeah :rolleyes:
    How come you go back to it now, and fail to mention it the first time? It was disgusting the way he acted, and I would say so if it a Shelbourne player had done it. I think this can be evident from the fact that I have expressed my disgust at Lee Hendries actions on here before, and have been a mad Villa fan since ~1990. When it comes to being a scumbag and a cheat, the team does not bother me, I hate to see it in the sport and will not stand up for anyone who carries out such unsporting behaviour, regardless of whether they are playing for the team I follow or not. They are still scum. GOC was unsporting, and IMHO scum for what he did.

I'm on no high-horse here, but the fact is it was GOC that did it, thats why I'm having a go at him. Hardly difficult to understand is it?

I only saw the incident on TV3 last night, and that didn't even show it properly, so I'll not comment on whether it was cheating or not. However, from what Ive heard, is that there was a bit of pushing and shoving and that Crawley was silly enough to get caught with his pretend head-butt.

Lee Hendrie did the same (motioned giving a head butt) a few weeks ago against Man City, and everyone was calling him a thug.

Bottom line is Crawley got what he deserved for reacting after conceding the free kick instead of walking away. I'm just glad George is ok, when I saw him on the floor I had genuine concerns for his well being. Luckily he was alright, though no doubt the mental trauma will live on for months if not years to come. Admirable of him to play on after that as well. fair play george, we salute you!

Roar wrote:
    Bottom line is Crawley got what he deserved for reacting after conceding the free kick instead of walking away.
    I'm not sure where the "irony" starts with this post, but I am going to assume this is a genuine sentence.

Both players did the same thing, ergo both should have received the same punishment. The only difference is that O'Callaghan jumped on the ground holding his head, when in fact, no-one had touched his head.
    Roar wrote:
    I'm just glad George is ok, when I saw him on the floor I had genuine concerns for his well being. Luckily he was alright, though no doubt the mental trauma will live on for months if not years to come. Admirable of him to play on after that as well. fair play george, we salute you!
    You are a funny bastard.

• Advertisement

Ah, City Vs Shels, it always brings out the best in people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I would be ashamed if any Shels player acted in the cowardly, cheating way Boy George did last night

U must be ashamed a lot then ;)

What a great match, the shed was rocking!

Shels were so bad that if Cork were more ruthless it would have been 4-0.
    Does any one know why the 2nd was disallowed? The ref was way too strict imo, he had to be in control of everything!

Best moment had to be Fenlon after the match...He is one of the worst losers I have ever seen. He can give it but he cant take it.

George over reacted alright and it was kinda stupid of him but crawley went flying on the tackle which imo was border line red card itself. Same with Gamble's sending off. Harris went flying in very dangerously(got a yellow but could have been red), gamble reacted with a sholder so then gets sent off for it. Stupid decsion!!

So how does it feel to get beat by a group of villigers Seansouth!! :):p

jank wrote:
    So how does it feel to get beat by a group of villigers Seansouth!! :):p
    Bad, bad, bad.

I wouldn't have minded so much if we actually put up a fight in the second half, and I agree with you when you say it could have been four or five nil, Shels just didn't come out for the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gimmick wrote:
    I only saw the incident on TV3 last night, and that didn't even show it properly, so I'll not comment on whether it was cheating or not. However, from what Ive heard, is that there was a bit of pushing and shoving and that Crawley was silly enough to get caught with his pretend head-butt..
    It was nothing like that tbf. Crawley didn't pretend to headbutt. GOC got up off his feet and was a bit riled up. He shoulder Crawley to get him out of the way and at the same time Crawley shouldered him back. Its a bit hard to explain. GOC hit the floor and Crawley gave an smile to the linesman as if to say "hehe, Come on".
    Roar wrote:
    Bottom line is Crawley got what he deserved for reacting after conceding the free kick instead of walking away.
    I didn't even know it was Crawley that tackled him. If I remember correctly it was Dave Rodgers, he put a perfectly good tackle in and the throw-in was given. I stand corrected though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

eirebhoy wrote:
    I didn't even know it was Crawley that tackled him. If I remember correctly it was Dave Rodgers, he put a perfectly good tackle in and the throw-in was given. I stand corrected though.

Yeah t'was Ginger Rogers who slid in and put the ball safe , then Crawley and O'C did there thang ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I only just saw all those incidents now on Setanta, jesus christ it was funny. Fair play to your man for going down. Another case of Irish football being Ragball Rovers stuff.

Yeah you never see stuff like that happening in top class football, like say a world cup in, say, 2002, or with top class teams, like say, Brazil, or top class players, like say, hmmm, Rivaldo or someone like that. Proof Irish football is ragball rovers stuff indeed.

Draupnir wrote:
    Fair play to your man for going down.
    Fair play to someone for cheating?

What kind of statement is that.

As for the rest of your post, I won't even comment because I will be banned.

Well, the Shels player caught him on the face with his shoulder from what I could see.

As for my Ragball Rovers comment, that was more in relation to Fenlons little tantrum. First he laughed as the Cork player walked, then he took a mickey fit cos his player rightly got sent off (in my opinion) and then you could quite clearly see a Cork coach/staff member calling Fenlon outside for a scrap, a challenge it looked to me like he was accepting.

Draupnir wrote:
    Well, the Shels player caught him on the face with his shoulder from what I could see.

As for my Ragball Rovers comment, that was more in relation to Fenlons little tantrum. First he laughed as the Cork player walked, then he took a mickey fit cos his player rightly got sent off (in my opinion) and then you could quite clearly see a Cork coach/staff member calling Fenlon outside for a scrap, a challenge it looked to me like he was accepting.

You'd never see that happen with top class managers like say, Alex Fergusson as an example I've picked at random.

Not the way Pat was going on, no ya wouldnt.

Draupnir wrote:
    Not the way Pat was going on, no ya wouldnt.

Did you watch the Arsenal Man U match with the missed Van Nistelrooy penalty? :confused:

Advertisement