Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browse the Web using your PSP and Wipeout

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,342 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rew wrote:
    http://www.base2.org/~fugimax/weblog/archives/000296.html

Basicly this guy hacked up a way to divert the ingame browser in Wipeout Pure to let you browse the web.
    class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Linky no Workey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Worky for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Rew wrote:
    Worky for me...

not working for me either, but yeah i saw about this today elsewhere, still too complicated for most people, and almost useless without a keyboard attachment but maybe sony will release the browser soon

Still working grand for me.

Here it is reproduced for those with flaky net connections ;)
    PSP Web Portal
    If you have a PSP, set your Primary DNS server to 67.171.70.72 -- I've got a portal of sorts up. Set your secondary DNS to your router so if my IP changes or my machine goes down, you'll still be able to access the internet. Then just fire up Wipeout and head to the downloads section, you should see this:

portalPreview-tm.jpg

Those without a PSP, you can still check it out Here .

Update: I've added a URL bar to the bottom so you can type in a URL and go wherever you want. Enjoy.

Another Update: All links including launching from the URL bar now use php to put a "toolbar" across the top so you can enter new URLs without returning to the portal. Thanks to MomDad for that.

• Advertisement

More info:

http://www.fumanchuu.com/pspdev/

Most interesting bit:
    Yes you can use input (we googled stuff), when you enter a textbox and press X the PSP pops up the Keyboard API (remember there's alot of API to be taken advantage of with the PSP). After that its as simple as any other input on the PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Now I gotta go buy myself Wipeout :)

[also looks as though directory browsing has been disallowed on: http://ingame.scea.com/ :D ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Can anyone say "killer app"?
    As good as this title already is, this hack just increased it's desirability tenfold.
    I take it what the guy's done is legal...or does this threaten Sony's potential to charge for a standalone web browser app for the PSP?

Wertz wrote:
    Can anyone say "killer app"?
    As good as this title already is, this hack just increased it's desirability tenfold.
    I take it what the guy's done is legal...or does this threaten Sony's potential to charge for a standalone web browser app for the PSP?

Its not illeagle anyway, but when sony bring out a proper browser it will be alot better id say. I was reading IGN and the sales in the states look pretty poor ATM, allthough the article is hardly a proper set of sales figures.

Advertisement