Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI student bank accounts

Options
  • 27-03-2005 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I have a BOI student bank account with an atm withdrawl limit of €125, the bank tell me that they cant increase it as it is a student account. But i know other people with student bank accounts [with BOI] with €300-400 limits .Anyone else have BOI student accounts? with high limits

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

I have an AIB acount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Thats great....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

No I am not too happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I had a much heigher limits with my BOI student card ..

Just ditch BOI and go with free banking from pernament TSB who will allow you withdraw up to 500 euro at a go.

i kind of like BOI, i get internet banking, have a credit card with a decent limit. And i can remember my account no, id no and password. Might ring up card services insted of going into the branch ,they might know more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

irishguy wrote:
    I have a BOI student bank account with an atm withdrawl limit of €125, the bank tell me that they cant increase it as it is a student account. But i know other people with student bank accounts [with BOI] with €300-400 limits .Anyone else have BOI student accounts? with high limits

I have a BOI student account (opened in August 2004) with an ATM limit of €700 per day. It was about €300-€400 last year on my old BOI account, so I'm not too sure why it went up. It could be somethng to do with lodging my grant cheques and leaving them in my account for a few months (had a balance of about €1600 for nearly 4 months) and I used the ATM card at least 4-5 times a week.
    Plus, anytime I use online banking, they keep offering to set up an overdraft facility of €150. I think that's down to my relatively large account balance over the last few months.
    Just lodge whatever you can afford into your account, leave it for a month or two and maybe get onto customer services about increasing your limit if you really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

My mate just walked up to the counter and said "Increase my withdrawl limit" no please etc.

BTW, correction from above, permanent tsb let you withdraw 700 daily

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Personally i hate BOI. The messed me around a few times amd their online banking is appaling. I find aib much better and more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

That happened to me a few years back Irish Guy. You probably stil have a second level student account instead of a third level one.

Just ask to change it and they should send you out a new card.

i think it could be the branch being idiots, i asked before about increasing my credit card limit they said it wasnt possible. My limit was already above what is normally given to students rang card services they increased it by 3 times with no questions. Ill give them a ring tommrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

They can have a chip on their shoulders about students sometimes. Good luck tomorrow anyway.

if they dont do it ill have to leave cus i am going to canada for the summer and i want to use my atm card to withdraw money and €125 per day wont be enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

I've had the same problem they told me that my card was still a second level card. They said I could order a new card so I could withdraw more. So I did, and I got the card about a month ago. Went to try take out 200 yesterday and it said my max withdrawal limit had been reached...turns out I can only take out 120 per day. Which is sh1t because I thought the problem would have been all sorted out after I got my new card.
    Obviously not. They have inconvenienced me once again. Typical.

just rang them and they upped it to €500, no questions asked. Those people people in the branch dont seem to know anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

have you got a cirrus bank card irishguy? It's usually needed for withdrawing funds in other countries.

When I set mine up they needed parental consent to be signed just incase that has to be taken into consideration

have you got a cirrus bank card irishguy? It's usually needed for withdrawing funds in other countries.

When I set mine up they needed parental consent to be signed just incase that has to be taken into consideration

ya i do , had to sign that too. Tis a bloody joke. 21 years of age and I need my parents approval before i can take out my money. Dam banks....

Advertisement