Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are these

Options
  • 27-03-2005 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

So, I finally manage to find a manual sera in a colour that isnt repulsive and the bodywork looks ok on. I only have one question. What are the things I have circled in red on the rear windscreen?? I havent noticed them in any other sera pictures. More importantly, are they easily removeable??

sera.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Weird.

I could be wrong, but does the rear glass not lift up as the boot? If so, they look like the pivots/hinges for the rear boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Yes, the rear glass does lift up for the boot, however they are not the hinges as they are not on any other sera i have seen. Also, why would a hinge have a cable running to it from beneath the glass. They look after market to me, but I just dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i may be wrong, but i think they are tv aeriels, i used to work with imports and saw quite a few cars with these style aeriels but usually the tv was nicked on the boat. hope this helps :D

cheers. that suggests they are removable at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

i nearly sure there sat-nav seen them on jap import jeeps :o

• Advertisement

camarobill wrote:
    i nearly sure there sat-nav seen them on jap import jeeps :o

Seems unusual to be satnav, esp as its not listed in the specs. What is throwing me is that there are two of the same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

they use two of them for the best possible signal, although new tv aeriels are completely different they use a disc design. they are definitely tv aeriels, although it appears radio reception is quite bad in some parts of japan with the mountains and all and these things are converted to boost signal strength.

bp_me wrote:
    Seems unusual to be satnav, esp as its not listed in the specs. What is throwing me is that there are two of the same :confused:
    my bro has a jap import jeep,it has two arials on the back window there for the sat-nav that came in it,the screen is still in it but hes haveing a hard time understanding japines :D could b different on ur car,but there the same as the ones on the jeep :o

they use two of them for the best possible signal, although new tv aeriels are completely different they use a disc design. they are definitely tv aeriels, although it appears radio reception is quite bad in some parts of japan with the mountains and all and these things are converted to boost signal strength.

Ah, prehaps they are actually to boost fm reception so. They arent for tv in this case as there is no tv in the car.

camarobill wrote:
    my bro has a jap import jeep,it has two arials on the back window there for the sat-nav that came in it,the screen is still in it but hes haveing a hard time understanding japines :D could b different on ur car,but there the same as the ones on the jeep :o

Had a closer looks at the pics, theres no sast nav, just a single din radio by the looks of it. Not my car yet sadly, that will depend on the depatrment of the environment next thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

I dunno, either hinge parts or ariels, who cares?, they fit, they are "low profile", so even if they do nothing, they should not draw attention.

I mean if anything would draw attention it is the side/door windows. "DeLorean" style!. overall lools like a cool car style.

AMurphy wrote:
    I dunno, either hinge parts or ariels, who cares?, they fit, they are "low profile", so even if they do nothing, they should not draw attention.

I mean if anything would draw attention it is the side/door windows. "DeLorean" style!. overall lools like a cool car style.

I care actually as they take from the smooth lines of the car. The wire running down under window implies they are removeable anyway.

just pull the fcukers of they look **** on the car anyway ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

There was a scrap one of these in a scrapyard out Kilcock way if you ever need parts. It was in a metallic green which I thought was quite nice.

Advertisement