Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you wear your seatbelt while driving?? -video-

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

That guy died afaik.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Didnt think youd get thrown around so much. Would love to know what speed he was travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

looks fake to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Another poor chap here....although no seatbelt is gonna help here.
    Talk about unlucky. Kinda graphic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

are these "suff videos" surely they must have survived otherwise they would be ilegal, Wouldnt they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

looks fake to me
    Oh for jesus sake is there a thread that links to a video that doesn't contain that phrase? Seems to me it's the cool thing to say on boards these days. Why don't you get back to us when you've done extensive frame-by-frame analysis, eh?

It's real. He died. Seen it before. Who doesn't wear a seat belt with the risk of getting penalty points?
    Anybody know why he had a camera there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Didn't see the video yet, but putting on the safety belt is a reflex action at this stage... even when moving cars about on the driveway I find myself donning the belt... beats me.. its not anything to do with being caught and a ticket, just self preservation.
    Same for the kids, and same for the kids to me.....If I unbuckle to move seat in teh van for whatever reason... they remind me to buckle up again.
    The best lesson was learned by my daughter in ROI. She thought because her cousins did not wear a belt meant she need not also.... until I had to make an emergency stop (more rapid stop) at a light in Tralee and she got slammed into the back of the psgr seat.... then she copped on and tightened up..never an argument thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

b...x to political correctnes,i still dont wear a seat belt all the time,so f....n what,before the points came in,most off us broke the speed limits and didnt wear seat belts,i know all the siht that it saves lives bla bla bla,we might as well be fcukin robots,as we all seem to brain washed;live a little;for fcuk sake :D:D:D;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Seatbelt saved my life in a head on at 60mph.

And yes i am living a little since the accident, only for the seatbelt i wouldnt be here.

Buckle up you moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

camarobill wrote:
    live a little;for fcuk sake :D:D:D;)

I'm gonna extend some benefit of the doubt due to that last winky smily but as Chief says you'd want to be a moron to associate not wearing a seatbelt with 'live a little' :rolleyes:

If you want to 'live a little' take up skydiving, white water rafting or spend a year traveling the world with just you and a backpack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

Bluehair wrote:
    I'm gonna extend some benefit of the doubt due to that last winky smily but as Chief says you'd want to be a moron to associate not wearing a seatbelt with 'live a little' :rolleyes:

If you want to 'live a little' take up skydiving, white water rafting or spend a year traveling the world with just you and a backpack.
    i knew that would get someone going :D:D:D:D:D;):p hook line and sinker :p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

....waiting for the people who think seat belts kill to reply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

The_Edge wrote:
    **** me, poor guy crossing the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Yes to seatbelts, when driving my taxi i never took off until all had there belts on and the same applies to my private car. Trying to get the little fella into the habit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I just wonder why there was a camera recording in his car? Was it just a coincidence that he happened to crash while the camera was turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

The_Edge wrote:

jaysus! he should have looked b4 he crossed .he only looked when he heard the bang.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The_Edge wrote:
    apparently that chap survived as the car landed on him on the indented part but when it came to the law, he was found partly responsible for his injuries as he should have waited for the little green man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

kbannon wrote:
    apparently that chap survived as the car landed on him on the indented part but when it came to the law was found partly responsible for his injuries as he should have waited for the little green man!

lucky bastard. i thought it was his fault, apart from not even looking, he def didnt have a go signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

fletch wrote:
    I just wonder why there was a camera recording in his car? Was it just a coincidence that he happened to crash while the camera was turned on?

Kinda odd sure enough.
    However, this reminds me of a series of German videao from about the 70's, whereby guys in jail were given reduced sentances for participating in crash tests using live crash dummies, with no safety belts. One I remember a guy driving directly into a tree @ about 30~40mph.

This may be similar, or he may be participating in some DUI home/day release Jail program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Not the first time I've seen this movie (the in car one) and there always was a few things that immediately struck me as odd. Being thrown up and to the rear looks wrong, and I think that's why it looks "fake". I suppose the car must have flipped over, spun and actually impacted at the rear. I think because the camera's perspective remains constant and doesn't show the spin and that nothing else in the car flies up makes it look strange.

Why was the camera recording at that time? My guess is that the car was equipped with a camera which starts recording when its facial recognition feature sees evidence that the driver may be falling asleep (as he seemed to be).

• Advertisement
Advertisement