Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DS games and pics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Niiiiice. Advance Wars DS is looking pretty sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Rumour has it that Red Alert 3 will make an apperance on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

I have to get a DS now, have to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Simi wrote:
    Rumour has it that Red Alert 3 will make an apperance on the DS.
    I read they were false but ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

EA will realease it on any system they can. I wouldn't be suprised if it comes out on the DS. (I would be suprised if its any good)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

You can't deny the DS is perfect for RTS / warcraft type strategy games.

Mulitplayer fights will be brought to a new level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oooooh.... look how shiny the horse's arse is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that naruto game looks pre snes !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Placebo wrote:
    that naruto game looks pre snes !

Early snes, yeah. It looks like the artists are just really crap at making background tiles, though. It looks to have a fair few effects, and probably has very detailed animation. Not my type of game, though :/

Did I read somewhere about Metroid Pinball for the DS... or was it just some feverish fantasy of mine?

• Advertisement

Did I read somewhere about Metroid Pinball for the DS... or was it just some feverish fantasy of mine?

Yup, but no other details other then name...

IGN have a good mailbag up and are saying there going to have proper Goldeneye details up on the site in the next week or so... mmm proper screen shots and info :)

They also reckon Meteos is better then Lumines...

Rew wrote:
    They also reckon Meteos is better then Lumines...

Eurogamer seem to agree...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58428
    Along with Zoo Keeper and other like-minded titles, Meteos cements the DS's reputation as the puzzle handheld of choice, whatever the Lumines eulogies suggest to the contrary, and it's loved on all sides - as much by the developer as the player. It's imaginative and indulgent through and through - from the needless intro videos for each section to the parade of designers' signatures for end credits - and that's why, well, it rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Metroid Pinball ? why do nintendo always rape their great games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wonder if those samus tentacle rape pictures on google were official nintendo artwork.

I hope somebody gives us lemmings DS or cannon fodder DS. I live in hope. It will much better than the EA bastardisation of the goldeneye name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I wonder if those samus tentacle rape pictures on google were official nintendo artwork.

I hope somebody gives us lemmings DS or cannon fodder DS. I live in hope. It will much better than the EA bastardisation of the goldeneye name.

mmmm Samus tenticle rape.

Retr0gamer wrote:

Syndicate DS now that would be great! :D

Retr0gamer wrote:

My P900 phone has Lemmings on it. The touch screen interface works very well. But eh... it's just a straight port of the Amiga version... and it simply isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    EA will realease it on any system they can. I wouldn't be suprised if it comes out on the DS. (I would be suprised if its any good)

PSP is getting a C&C game anyway:

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000820038159/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Retr0gamer wrote:

Cannon Fodder DS would rule, especially with new maps, but I very very much doubt that will ever happen. God knows who actually owns the IP on that game anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It would be interesting to see Nintendo go in a more computer/PC game style direction with the DS. The stylus is rather pointless for console style games that are used to an analog stick, but for strategy and puzzle games (ie, games that traditionally have a hard time working on consoles) it would be perfect, better than a mouse.

They need to start making games that use the stylus, instead of forcing games that clearly don't suit it to us the stylus (Metroid Hunters just feels wrong, and SM64 with a stylus seems over kill). Otherwise the justification for a second screen and a stylus over simply putting an analog stick on, is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i wouldnt mind seeing a multiplayer classic battletech game appearing on the DS, using tabletop rules lower screen for map and movement upper screen for mech readouts and snazzy gfx :D

Metroid is great with the thum strap, didn't like i wih the stylus TBH.

Advertisement