Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playtoh

• 28-03-2005 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever checked out an irish band called playtoh?i was in town(Tralee) today playing with my band(Patrcide) in the square with around 10 other bands and playtoh come on the "stage",and me being a metal guy just expected em to suck but i saw a violin so i said Fu(k it thats new ill watch em.man i was blown away i have no idea what the hell it was there music is just kickass,after they played they gave out some free demo cds with 2 tracks on em,they wouldnt give one to me (dunno if it was the slayer hoodie or what)but i got one of my girlfreind,anyways the first song which i think was called closer,good but a bit too happy second song which was called sleep safe was just unbelieveable its just unreal.has anyone out there seen theese guys play??does anyone have there cd or tell me where to get it i need it pleeeese.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

afaik they're cork based, i havent seen them, but iv heard they're pretty good, they've played the college bars around cork..
    the violin makes me skeptical, but im curious anyway.. i had a look around for some samples but cant find any... meh.. guess ill have to get up off my lazy ass..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 playtoh_cor

Hey guys. Im the lead singer in that band that you are being so kind to..Really appreciate it. We are releasing an album on the 10th june nationwide so we're doing the rounds now to get the name around..its working so far, lots of industry interest and we've met some cool people along the way.

We do however have a pretty cool website with an album sampler on there its www.playtoh.ie and soon you'll be able to download our new single 'brighter skies' together with the artwork also. There will also be a forum online pretty soon too.

Thanks again,
    Keep it country fellas,
    Stay in by the wall and mind the buses, :cool:
    Cormac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

lots of industry interest

Why do all musos have a compunction to say this when you ask how their band is going? Everyone knows its a fat lie. :rolleyes: Unless the industry in question is fast food retail.

hmmm, well admittedely there is interest on our part in the fast food industry, mine especially..im fat...maybe it is a lie...maybe it isn't..im not about to get in to an arguement over it to be honest...keep it country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Where's kieran gone?, he was the heart and soul of that band.....................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I know!!!! My friend knows them or met them at least and got loads of info on em so Ill get back to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playtoh

Hey Patricide,

I'm glad you liked Sleep Safe. It was the reason I took the managers job with PlaytOh. The song got virtually no play, Closer was more radio. I think alison curtis did give it a spin or two. I have a couple of versions of it if you want them including the first recording (8 track - raw but class).

If you like the music check out the website - www.playtoh.ie.

If you want a CD send your address to cillin@playtoh.ie and I'll look after it.

If Cor mentioned industry interest what he actually meant was that we're on our own right now, would like a big fat cheque but while we are waiting for it we'll play anywhere for food and a couple of bevvies.

The industry interest statement is something programmed into musicians by managers like me who say it a little differently but ultlimately it amounts to the same thing - The Music Industry wont fart in the general direction of any band that they might have to take a chance on or spend some cash on - hence my pride in PlaytOh's indie tag.

Kieran is off to the states for a few months but was struggling a bit with his personal commitments and his love of music so the band and himself decided to part - it was all pretty amicable. I'm hoping the time away helps him work out that he's one of those unique characters that belongs in music irrespective of whether its with PlaytOh or not. In my books a good guy and a good friend.

Not sure about the statement that he was the heart and soul of the band Cool_CM - sounds like you know **** all to me. Actually to be honest you sound like a prick and if Kieran is a mate of yours he should give you a kicking.

Thats about all I have to say.

C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

playtoh wrote:

Not sure about the statement that he was the heart and soul of the band Cool_CM - sounds like you know **** all to me. Actually to be honest you sound like a prick and if Kieran is a mate of yours he should give you a kicking.

C.
    Kieran is not a mate of mine, i think you'll find it's called intense sarcasm.
    playtoh wrote:
    he's one of those unique characters that belongs in music
    no he's not

The prick comment sounds like a personal attack, seeing as i've never met you, i did catch your band in the cruiscin a while back so let's not get into a fight about whether or not people come accross as being(as you put it) pricks
    Hugs and kisses
    Cool_cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

o yea thanks,hope to see you playing in tralee again,dont forget bout all us small towns,any tips for my band as in how to promote ourselves?i mean if you watched us that day we sucked but thats cus everyone was plastered,normally were good though.its a bitch being in a metal band cuz noone will even give you a listen yargh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

*Smiles*
    Very happy to read a thread singing the praises of this band. Have been lucky enough to receive this cd, and I'm very happy to have it in my cd collection.
    They're talented musicians with some clever lyrics and very nice vocals (nice work there Cormac). Basically, I doubt you will find that this band is a waste of your time or money, and you'll agree they deserve to be heard and supported -and yes, you deserve to hear them too. So please help get them out there so that they can have a tour over in the States so I can catch a gig =P

And June 10th is a perfect release date (my birthday!)-hahah, but really -theres a good feeling to this cd that can particularly be enjoyed during the summer.. driving in the car with the windows down. ;)

So Thank You to the band for sharing your talents, please keep up the great work -we need some more good, real music on the radio! *laughs* The best of luck to you!

Cheers ~Beth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vanessa

playtoh wrote:
    Hey Patricide,

I'm glad you liked Sleep Safe. It was the reason I took the managers job with PlaytOh. QUOTE]

so what happened pat then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playtoh

Hey Vanessa (Music Matters Int?),

Myself and Pat look started working with PlaytOh about 2 years ago. Since then we've formed a management company that looks after a few acts and are in the process of launching a new label called Fresh Indie Frontal Attack Records (www.fifarecords.com - wesbite under development) - all will be revealed over the next few months.

I'll tell him you said hi.

C.

Hey guys,

Just to let ye know..we have our own discussion board on our site now..well it'll be up tomorrow sometime, if ye wanna chat about PlaytOh or anything else on yer mind dont hesitate to pop in..and tell yer friends!!

www.playtoh.ie

Our next single is also being released to radio on tuesday so please request at will..its called 'Brighter Skies'..if ye would like a copy send us a mail..or a messaege and im sure we could sort it out!

Keep it Country...ish

Cormac.

PS Beth its great to hear your still interested in a little independant band from Cork, Ireland! Keep in touch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

Brighter Skies rocks my socks, real nice lyrics -mmhmm, thats the song that hooked and reeled me in. Best of luck with the release!

Of course I'm still interested in a little independant band over in Cork -heck how else would I be able to sit back when u guys are playing on the radio here and say "aaah yea, Playtoh -knew em back in the day... emailed them and everything. boo yea."
    and no, I'm not self-centered :P
    Really though -I believe its good to support the independant act esp when its good stuff.. theres just a sense of true music found at that point. *nods affirmingly*

Speaking of which -have you guys checked out Cdbaby.com? IMO a good place to get listened to and a good way to get your cd out there -and for everyone else, check it out, some good material is in there -gotta look through a lot of stuff, but its worth it I think, plus they're nice people who run the site. (and nope, i don't know them, just really like that place)

Sooo whats the expression "Keep in Country" -not familiar with that one.. perhaps translates to "keep it real"?

Cheers
    -Beth

Advertisement