Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Order

• 28-03-2005 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Remember New Order? Old School twinkly beats, incisive lyrics, invisible band? The best album ever in the whole world - "Substance 1987"? Well they have a new album out called "Waiting for the Siren's Call". I can't figure out if I like it or not.

Help me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Tracklisting

01 - Who's Joe?
    02 - Hey Now What You Doing
    03 - Waiting for the Sirens Call
    04 - Krafty
    05 - I Told You So
    06 - Morning Night and Day
    07 - Dracula's Castle
    08 - Jetstream
    09 - Guilt is A Useless Emotion
    10 - Turn
    11 - Working Overtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I've heard "krafty" on mtv, its ok i guess. The video is pretty lame also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Used to be a big New Order fan but then i saw them supporting the Chili's at Landsdowne.

OK.. the sound was absolutely crap! But they definantly didn't impress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

Does anyone like it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Substance 1987 is an awesome album..definetly in my top 10,havent heard their latest album,must download it soon......... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Had a quick listen to it, dosn't seem too bad.
    Nothing stands out on it for me yet altho it might take a few listens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I like the new one but I prefer the old stuff. Get them back on to acid or rekindle memories of Ian Curtis I say, then they will be back on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

It's a lot more gentle than "Substance 1987". There's nothing with the bite of Blue Monday or the aching desire of Temptation... but it's still New Order. You know, happy enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Best band ever imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

will be amongst the highlights of Oxegen for me....... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

lol.. me too, but it's just a pity they're not 20 years younger, just for the summer like!

I used to always wish I was born about 10 years earlier, and in Manc! Granted ye'd miss JoyDivision, but ye'd get the Order in their prime, the Hac, Smiths, then the dance scene, warehouse parties, legal E, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses and all that.

I'd a been happy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

i must check it out

Advertisement