Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demo coming april 1st? or a bad joke?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

he he the good old Deutsch sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

CyberGhost wrote:
    check this out

http://www.floze.de/download/product_info.php/products_id/62

the site says, the demo will be available for download on April 1st

Availabe for download on April 1st? April 1st comes and you get the message "Download delayed due to technical difficulties"!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Infini wrote:
    Availabe for download on April 1st? April 1st comes and you get the message "Download delayed due to technical difficulties"!

haha prolly, but still there is a hope, there is a hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Them Germans are always spreading rumours about Battlefield2.

'Funny' bunch of folks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

April 1st = april fools day :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yep, just like Infini said, they put it off till April 20th

I heard there are rumors flying around(that were unofficially confirmed by EA people) about April 10 release, but I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Winters wrote:
    Them Germans are always spreading rumours about Battlefield2.

'Funny' bunch of folks ;)
    Me thinks they're pissed about BF2 not being released @ their LAN, so their fúcking with a few peeps heads :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If its not out tomorrow Cyber your getting a ban.

If its not out tomorrow Cyber your getting a ban.

b9c094a7568cf.jpg

My god couldn't they at least give their god damn bs demo? we should have had a game by now, at least they could do is give us a demo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

We can't punish EA, so we'll punish you instead.

• Advertisement

Oh boy!

I definitely got off on a wrong click today ;)

btw, why can't we? let's just all email them and naaag their brains out

and like I said in another thread, is it THAT hard to name a date and not torture people?

12.jpg
    waiting for a game is like a bag of f**king bricks. All you gotta is set it down... Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? EA? Is that it? EA? Well I tell you. Let me give you a little inside information about EA. EA likes to watch. they are pranksters. Think about it. They give people promises. They give you this extraordinary screenshots and then what do they do? I swear, for their own amusement, their own private cosmic gag reel they sets dates in opposition. It's the goof of all time. wait but don't know how much. Know the date but know it's going to be put off again. download the demo but can't play. And while you're jumping from one pc to another what are they doing? they are laughing their sick f**king asses off. they are tight***es. they are sadists. they are absentee-landlords! Wait for them? Never!
    LOMAX: Better to play COD now than to wait for the demo. right?

CyberGhost wrote:
    waiting for a game is like a bag of f**king bricks. All you gotta is set it down... Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? EA? Is that it? EA? Well I tell you. Let me give you a little inside information about EA. EA likes to watch. they are pranksters. Think about it. They give people promises. They give you this extraordinary screenshots and then what do they do? I swear, for their own amusement, their own private cosmic gag reel they sets dates in opposition. It's the goof of all time. wait but don't know how much. Know the date but know it's going to be put off again. download the demo but can't play. And while you're jumping from one pc to another what are they doing? they are laughing their sick f**king asses off. they are tight***es. they are sadists. they are absentee-landlords! Wait for them? Never!
    LOMAX: Better to play COD now than to wait for the demo. right?
    They must be taking lessons off Valve :rolleyes:

while (bf2_demo != released) {
     mail.to "wheresmyfeckingbf2demo@eagames.com";
     mail.subject "Where is my fecking BF2 Demo!!!111one";
     mail.body "Where is my fecking BF2 Demo!!!!!11oneone";
     mail.send;
    }

Beschreibung
    Dateigröße: 0.00 MB
    Release: Dieser Download wird voraussichtlich ab
    Mittwoch, 20. April 2005 verfügbar sein.
    Battlefield 2 Demo Download. Die heiß ersehnte Battlefield 2 Demo findet Ihr hier - wenn sie denn endlich kommt. Unseren Informationen nach, soll die Demo zwischen dem 1. bis 20. April erscheinen. Tests mit der Demo sollen schon angelaufen sein. Die Gerüchteküche läßt grüßen und brodelt weiter...
    ;-)
    Bis es soweit ist, müssen wir uns mit den erhältlichen Videos zufrieden geben (rocken auch gut!). Eines davon findet Ihr unten auf der Seite. Viel Spaß!
    19 days left.

18 days left

15 days left

spam++ = bad.

Might the 20th April be the actual real demo release date or another joke by them krazy German's? We can only hope its the real one. However, I doubt it will be released on Wednesday the 20th, they usually never released the demo's until the Friday so I'd expect it more around the 22nd which would be the Friday. (Pity I'll be over in Germany that weekend :( )

actually there are rumors that some rumors leaked from ea about a rumor that a demo is going to be release on 10th of April

Rumours from a German source?

We know they can't be trusted :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

60 years on, 'Dresden Revisited'

"The first one was a warm-up"

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    60 years on, 'Dresden Revisited'

"The first one was a warm-up"
    Hehe. I'll bring me trenchcoat, you bring the guns, and we'll wage war like 1944 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I can't wait, am upgrading my machine just for BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I would wait if I was you. EA don't have the best track record with sequels.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I would wait if I was you. EA don't have the best track record with sequels.

Why would you say that? EA arnt making the game, DICE are. EA are just providing resources for it. Many a time with EA a sequal is given to another developer todo isnted of the origional.

DICE Sweden have no plans to feck up the series and loose their most profitable resource. Remember, the Sweedish boys are the ones that brought us '42. I strongly doubt they would throw it all away on a crappy rushed sequal. They have been working on BF2 since pretty much the launch of '42. Its been the other offices that have been working on the various expansion packs and Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

DannyD wrote:
    I can't wait, am upgrading my machine just for BF2.

Haha brilliant, so am I !!!

What better reason to upgrade than for BF2!!!

**** the sceptics, WE know it is going to be brilliant.;)

Advertisement