Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why ban Basquillech?

Options
  • 28-03-2005 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,898 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't seem to be harming anyone... or spamming like a troll all over Boards pasting racist offensive messages like baqsuille.

Didn't see any reason why he should have been banned.. care to enlighten me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You're kidding, right?

I assume it's 'coz baqsuille = basquillech?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It wouldn't be particularly surprising if you were right ixoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,898 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No... Basquillech was registered here much earlier on compared to baqquille who just came on to piss everyone off.

Believe me.. the guy did nothing wrong! Apart from promote ScreenClick DVD Rentals in every joke he posted.

Myself and Basquillech were having a discussion about how it was weird that we'd the two similar nicknames but he actually has a geniune reason for having that nickname. And was gonna actually gonna apply for a nickname change when he saw mine was similar.

baqsuille, who we all think was Godlike reincarnated, was like i said just going around pissing everyone off and posting offensive messages everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Apart from promote ScreenClick DVD Rentals in every joke he posted.

i dont care hes not getting MY gold star!

Damn straight Billy! You earned that gold star!

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    No... Basquillech was registered here much earlier on compared to baqquille who just came on to piss everyone off.
    Basquillech's registration date was yesterday... Seems a bit of a coincidence to me?

Plus his Chesney Hawke thrad on Athletics and his "Sarahs mum is cool" thread on TV were a bit er ... odd.

ixoy wrote:
    Basquillech's registration date was yesterday... Seems a bit of a coincidence to me?
    Yeah.. he registered yesterday but baqsuille popped up when myself, Basquillech and Shrimp (yes.. he's back) were discussing about myself and Basquillech's little coincidink to have similar nicknames!

He just popped up to take the piss. Got a couple of PM's off Basquillech.. he seems like a pretty decent bloke and i'm 98% sure (there's always that 2% though) that Basquillech and baqsuille are not affiliated in any way!
    Amz wrote:
    Plus his Chesney Hawke thrad on Athletics and his "Sarahs mum is cool" thread on TV were a bit er ... odd.
    Very true.. they were a bit! But you can't ban the guy for posting a couple of odd threads. Ixoy would be banned 10 times over by now, if that was the case! :D (just kidding)

There's a difference between the one or two odd posts that Basquillech posted and the offensive messages baqsuillw posted in Warcraft / Chinese forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

omg what a muppet

he creates 2 accounts with very similar names, spams with 1 and whines about account 1 being banned with account 2 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. he registered yesterday but baqsuille popped up when myself, Basquillech and Shrimp (yes.. he's back) were discussing about myself and Basquillech's little coincidink to have similar nicknames!
    Shrimp's back? I kinda missed him! But then, it's 5am....

Yeah.. apparently he only got a 2 week ban so he's back to wreak havoc in the Art / Anim / Photo forum!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=239359

EDIT:
    You gonna lift this ban on Basquillech then, ixoy?

Seems a bit unfair... i vouch for him.. the guy didn't do anything (apart from post a couple of odd threads)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

If they were the same person wouldnt IP records show if they were coming from the same user or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

basquille wrote:

[moriarty impersonation]
    Yes I agree, I felt that his gems like "Try And Ban My Sweet Furry Ass I Got So Much Hair Down Their I Could Wipe Ur Muthers" type posts were really contributing to the culture of the boards.
    [/moriarty impersonation]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hobbes wrote:
    [moriarty impersonation]
    Yes I agree, I felt that his gems like "Try And Ban My Sweet Furry Ass I Got So Much Hair Down Their I Could Wipe Ur Muthers" type posts were really contributing to the culture of the boards.
    [/moriarty impersonation]

Theres not enough "**** you" in that sentiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MikeB

basquille wrote:

Believe me.. the guy did nothing wrong! Apart from promote ScreenClick DVD Rentals in every joke he posted.

Myself and Basquillech were having a discussion about how it was weird that we'd the two similar nicknames but he actually has a geniune reason for having that nickname. And was gonna actually gonna apply for a nickname change when he saw mine was similar.

baqsuille, who we all think was Godlike reincarnated, was like i said just going around pissing everyone off and posting offensive messages everywhere.

Hello I am Michael Basquille I jus signed up for this yesterday, and then got banned I think 'cause of that baqsuille guy, I wasn't aple to post so had to resign up again,
    Can anyone help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I'm starting to think we're all the same person...

I thought that was just indigestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

basquille wrote:
    Didn't seem to be harming anyone... or spamming like a troll all over Boards pasting racist offensive messages like baqsuille.

:rolleyes:

he was a muppet and an annoying troll with multiple accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

MikeB wrote:
    Hello I am Michael Basquille I jus signed up for this yesterday, and then got banned I think 'cause of that baqsuille guy, I wasn't aple to post so had to resign up again,
    Can anyone help me?

Well you should be banned now for admitting making multiple accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I'm really confused with all these similar names. Its too much of a coincidence for me, they're all the same person

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I'm really confused with all these similar names. Its too much of a coincidence for me, they're all the same person
    Bollocks!..

I've nothing to do with all this crap!

I'm setting ye all straight - this is the full story with no word of a lie:

I came on Boards around a week ago to see someone called Basquillech online which was bizarre as my nickname comes from my surname and it's not exactly common. But i found out then that this guy has the same surname as me and was from Kilkenny, if i remember correctly. So i cleared that up, i knew who he was. I still have his PM's to prove it.

We then were both in one of Shrimp's threads and Shrimp asked what's the deal with the similar names so i gave his a very brief explanation.

Then another person (named baqsuille) came in and started messing around. They had obviously seen what myself and basquillech were discussing and decided to have a little fun with it..

That's the honest truth.. with no word of a lie. I'm close to 2000 posts in and have never posted a troublesome / spammy post in my time here on Boards.. so why would i start now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

check out this site for the truth (check the link) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=240408

check out this site for the truth (check the link) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=240408
    .... huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

RachG wrote:

I'm almost in terminal confusion over reading this thread.
    The link referred to, does indeed pruport to be from someone claiming to be both of the nicknames earlier in the thread. Then again, acting the muppet- the person in question could be just out to cause trouble for both of the legitimate people (if they are indeed legit).

Methinks its time for someone to check out the IP addresses that are being posted from......... that should solve it for once and for all.

Do mods have access to this information- similar to that on phpBB based forums, or does it have to go to admin?

S.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Who cares?!?!?

The muppet was banned and banned and banned and banned and banned and ... you get the idea.

Here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2548718&postcount=42

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

We used to but the Admins removed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I wonder why:rolleyes:

Advertisement