Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many ppl drank on Good Friday?

Options
  • 28-03-2005 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I did, I drank more on that day than I did any other day of my life! now THAT was a session, fookin' hell! I had 14 cans o' bud, three of them polluted with scotch ;) 3 shots, all B52's and 4 cocktails, all oif them were Pampa Villa's(sp?) {they are Tequilla, Tia Maria and Quantro, tastes like a Terry's chockolate orange and is VERY potent!}

and the antics we got upto, we made 2 human pyramids, both were 3 stories high and then later we played strip Donkey (the game where you throw a ball to each other and if you drop the ball you get a letter) but our rules were that you lost clothes if you dropped the ball OR caught it with two hands! try doing THAT pissed!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

As mad as you are, as utterly mind-bending as your antics could be, mine top yours: I drank some cups of milk and watched TV. Can anyone challenge me?! Dare they?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i dont beleive you. i didnt drink. why do u think it's important that you drank? some kind of rebellion? the highly repressive catholic restraints on your personal life? i think ppl with an age less than 25 are really talking tru their holes about catholic church this and that.

the pubs are closed on good friday.
    christmas and stephen's day are bank holidays
    no abortion
    what else do u want to complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote:
    As mad as you are, as utterly mind-bending as your antics could be, mine top yours: I drank some cups of milk and watched TV. Can anyone challenge me?! Dare they?!
    Jesus! Ixoy, calm down!.... my God... any more crazy than that and you might just explode!! :D

EDIT: Didn't drink Good Friday as i swore myself not to drink and to get project work / documentation for it done. But as soon as the baqsuille spamming began, i sat back with a bottle of Bud and enjoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

i dont beleive you. i didnt drink. why do u think it's important that you drank? some kind of rebellion? the highly repressive catholic restraints on your personal life? i think ppl with an age less than 25 are really talking tru their holes about catholic church this and that.

the pubs are closed on good friday.
    christmas and stephen's day are bank holidays
    no abortion
    what else do u want to complain about
    it wasn't so much "oh ****, the bible says this is a day for not drinking alcymahol, so lets **** the bibbe" no, its more because I work in a bar and I NEVER get to go out on friday or saturday night, so me and a few mates from work, and a few of their mates aswell had a barbeque with beer, and it became christened the beerBQ, its just a good laugh, the only reason I brought it up was because apparently a LOT of ppl from my town went on a big bender good Friday aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Had a few myself. Me and lads sat in for few hands of poker and some beer but the host couldnt find the cards so we watched rubbish on the tele and had the beers. Not the most exciting night but it was Good Friday after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Marts wrote:
    I did, I drank more on that day than I did any other day of my life! now THAT was a session, fookin' hell! I had 14 cans o' bud, three of them polluted with scotch ;) 3 shots, all B52's and 4 cocktails, all oif them were Pampa Villa's(sp?) {they are Tequilla, Tia Maria and Quantro, tastes like a Terry's chockolate orange and is VERY potent!}

and the antics we got upto, we made 2 human pyramids, both were 3 stories high and then later we played strip Donkey (the game where you throw a ball to each other and if you drop the ball you get a letter) but our rules were that you lost clothes if you dropped the ball OR caught it with two hands! try doing THAT pissed!

YOU DA MAN!!! YOU DA MAN!!!

actually had one or two bottles meself, im going to hell anyway so i might as well enjoy myself before i depart for the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I left it too late on 'Holy off-licence Thursday' to pick up any booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

robbie1876 wrote:
    I left it too late on 'Holy off-licence Thursday' to pick up any booze.

HERETIC!!!

ACTUALLY THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ON OCCASION, LUCKILY NOT THIS YEAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I drank loads and as a consiquence, I have a large penis too.

John

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Chugged (quite) a few beers in a pub in Madrid and watched one of those catholic procession thingys the Spanish do so well(ku klux klan outfits, loud matching bands et al).

They don't seem to have the non drinkin' on good friday issue at all. At their prices it's positively compulsory if you're Irish. A good night can be had for 20 quid. Our ripoff culture is unreal(and you can have a smoke in peace without getting a lecture from some twit on the dangers).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

oh, its on.. i also ate chicken, ham and bacon that day. And had a few beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know a lot about Christianity but why are pubs and off licenses forced to shut yet chippers are allowed open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

you seemingly don't know a lot about the banning of drink either... chippers don't tend to serve alcohol that much.

I wasn't bothered drinking as an act of defiance and didn't even eat any meat as it happened.. but I ended up having a glass of wine given to me be my girlfriends parents... so i feel sufficiently blasphemous ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

passive wrote:
    you seemingly don't know a lot about the banning of drink either... chippers don't tend to serve alcohol that much.
    I presume you are being sarcastic? If not, why are places (pubs) not allowed serve drink yet others (chippers) are allowed serve meat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

I sat in a mates house and watched a video and smoked a few joints. I like drinking in the pub so I went out on Thursday.

I'm not even sure if I had meat or not, I'm not that pushed either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

eirebhoy wrote:
    I presume you are being sarcastic? If not, why are places (pubs) not allowed serve drink yet others (chippers) are allowed serve meat?

Damn relic laws from 80 years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

im going to hell anyway so i might as well enjoy myself before i depart for the trip.
    Don't forget to pee before you die. Remember; there's no relief in hell :D

=-=

I couldn't find a house party, so I just had a can or two, a bit of smoke, and had a four player pro evo match with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I wasn't really... Drink is the primary function of a pub. Chips are the primary function of a chipper... are the butchers open on good friday? cos if so that would have been a far better example for the meat thing. I can't try explain why i think alcohol is more enforced than meat because i keep hitting the brick wall of my total disagreement with the stupid rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I know a lot of people seem to be given out here, about the fact that pubs are forced to shut while fast food places are allowed to open. Well in reality the pubs and off-licences are bound to fare off pretty well on the day, as forbidding someone to do something, only makes that person want it more.

Im guessing there were many a pub over the country that opened their back doors and proceeded to trade as usual. Ill even bet some stayed open.

As for me yes I drank a few beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

the bar ppl were getting paid for friday, dont think joe chipper is going to paying joey the chipper seller for not selling chips on friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

the one day of the year your not allowed drink,every1 in ireland goes n gets cans the night before.... shows what we are

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Marts wrote:
    I did, I drank more on that day than I did any other day of my life! now THAT was a session, fookin' hell!

i hear ya mate! i drank a disgusting amount on good friday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

my mate moved into a house in belgard recently. he invited us up but i hadn't any drink. but luckily my ma said she had a bottle of wine in the kitchen (parents dont drink at all) that was given to her and i that i could have it (funny coz she wouldnt let me eat meat though she made fish for dinner :confused:). i never drink wine and in fact it was my 1st ever full bottle of wine i had EVER! after all, wine is the beer of jesus!

was a good night. ended up borrowin one of the girls rollerblades and bladin home after gettin donated some bottle of fat frog. good fun, especially coz its down a hill all the way (~2km).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You can eat fish on Good Friday.
    Well you can eat whatever you want, but you're not supposed to eat meat if your Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I had a couple of beers in the afternoon because it was sunny and people in our cul de sac were all out.

Ate lamb for dinner.

Btw - on this "one day a year" thing.
    I'd gladly prefer the pubs to be shut for the whole third week of January (5 days Mon - Fri) if they could be allowed open Good Friday.

reason: very few people have money on the third week of January. are broke after Christmas and haven't been paid for January - so they wouldn't be in the pub anyway

while Good Friday is the Friday of a Bank holiday weekend, people are off work, people are home from abroad etc and would like to go to the pub

The_B_Man wrote:
    ended up borrowin one of the girls rollerblades and bladin home after gettin donated some bottle of fat frog. good fun, especially coz its down a hill all the way (~2km).

B Man!! Sounds like fun!! i think i will deffo give that a go!!!!! Quick question, how many times did u fall on ur arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i fell twice at the corner at Cocos nightclub in Belgard. then i got right down to the bottom of kilnamanagh (down the big hill) without fallin once! i was quite proud of meself. me mate only got out the front garden and fell a few times including one fall that definately must have hurt him. his elbows were cut to bits saturday mornin. and he was the one wit the size 8 1/2 blades, i only had the girls size 4 ones! im size 11! had to take the padding out of them just to fit in, which cut me ankles to bits!

actually, i did fall once inside the house aswell while i was waitin for me mate to regain conciousness, but that was coz i was tryin to show off doin that thing were you kneel down on one knee and keep goin. i fell on top of somebodys easter egg on the fireplace. hehe

The_B_Man wrote:
    i fell twice at the corner at Cocos nightclub in Belgard. then i got right down to the bottom of kilnamanagh (down the big hill) without fallin once! i was quite proud of meself. me mate only got out the front garden and fell a few times including one fall that definately must have hurt him. his elbows were cut to bits saturday mornin. and he was the one wit the size 8 1/2 blades, i only had the girls size 4 ones! im size 11! had to take the padding out of them just to fit in, which cut me ankles to bits!

actually, i did fall once inside the house aswell while i was waitin for me mate to regain conciousness, but that was coz i was tryin to show off doin that thing were you kneel down on one knee and keep goin. i fell on top of somebodys easter egg on the fireplace. hehe

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a good laugh. I did it once at six in the morning on a skateboard. my mates lived up the hill from me. so i got a skateboard and SAT down on it and they pushed on my merry way down the hill, twas fun till i crashed into a parked car!! id recommend it for sure!!

Advertisement