Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Damaged Phone

Options
  • 28-03-2005 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My GF dropped her Panasonic x400 into a glass recently. despite pulling it out quickly, taking out the battery, and leaving it in the hotpress for a while to dry out, it will not switch on. The charging light comes on when plugged in, but that's the only sign of life. It's not insured.

Whats the likely cost of repair, and where would should I take it to be looked at? She's on speakeasy, and it it's going to be very pricey, she'll just change to bill pay and get a new phone.

Ro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

May be a little late now but if possible you should take it apart as much as possible (eg. for a nokia use a torx screwdriver and take the screen off the circuit board, etc) and then put it in the hotpress, etc... Water can get into a lot of places other than behind the battery...

Cost of repair would vary depending on the phone, haven't got a clue where you could bring it, sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Ro-76 wrote:
    Hi,

Whats the likely cost of repair
    Ro

beyond economical repair. no repair shop would touch a water damaged fone, if it doesnt work after a few weeks of drying out fire it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

fire it in the bin
    or else stick it on ebay, you'll always get some eejit who will pay a tenner for a damaged phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

thesteve wrote:
    you'll always get some eejit who will pay a tenner for a damaged phone...

I was wondering why my ears where burning, I'll buy it or even better I'll have a go a fixing it, if ya want ?

pa-x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I was wondering why my ears where burning, I'll buy it or even better I'll have a go a fixing it, if ya want ?

pa-x400.jpg

How much would you offer for it, or how much to fix it? It's only about 3 mts old, and in perfect condition, excluding the fact that it doesn't work.

Are Vodafone still selling this model, or a similar one? The GF likes how small and slim it is.

Ro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

If I can fix it I'll charge you €25 ! If I can't fix it there's no charge and we'll talk then about me buying it, how does that sound ?

Advertisement