Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tailoring

Options
  • 28-03-2005 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

i've posted on wow forums and no response yet so I'll try you guys.
    Tailoring
    I'm at 225/225. who do i talk to or how do i get my skill higher than this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Timothy Worthington (Alliance) in Dustwallow Marsh (Theramore Island) or Daryl Stack (Horde) in Hillsbrad Foothills (Tarren Mill) both Artisan trainers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Tailoring is a tough enoguh skill to rank up..

not like skinning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

you also have to be lvl 40

Since OP has been answered and without starting a new thread for something small, I thought I would hijack this ! Hope OP doesnt mind :)

Any Eng + Miners here ?

Currently Im ~180 Mining ~170 Engineering
    But the thing is my Vault is full + two bag slots of Misc Eng\Mining stuff everything from Schmatics to Opels to Tin to Copper bars.

I was just wondering how you lot handle it ?

Also do any of you sell any items on the AH, ive just been making stuff then selling it back to the vendors to increase my skill (which is so slow atm)

any secrets\tips you would like to mention ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm 205 Mining and 225 Engineering, in the middle of doing the quest to get gnomish engineering.

Personally, what I did was, take mining and skinning all the way up to level 20 or so. That way I had loads of light and medium leather for my engineering. Also, I managed to stockpile a lot of metal. When I finally switched to engineering I was able to fly up to 225 in a matter of minutes.

While it was pretty nice to fly up the ranks, it was almost impossible managing my inventory and bank, in the meantime. Almost straight away I had to buy 2 extra bags for my bank account. I bought some 12 slot bags and its what I've been using ever since.

I still have a huge problem with space in my bank account but to a much lesser extent than before.

Things I tried to help the problem, were keeping ore on me, until I had stacks of 10, regardless of whether I was passing through a city with a bank or whatnot.
    Also, I built the most commonly sought after items, to make some money. Take deadly blunderbuss' and advanced target dummys. DB's sell for 30-60s depending on who you get, and ADV. target dummys go for about 1g. Making a healthy profit margin.
    Both are needed for quests, so if they arent selling, try visiting the places they are used and let off a few shouts. Its probably a lot harder to sell them now, compared to when I was through there, as the general player level curve, is much further ahead now.

All in all, keep at it, when you get to 35 or so. Do rig wars and try to get as many fused wirings as you can and use those target dummys (advanced and master, up) to get those fused wirings drops. They go for ridiculous amounts on the AH (I bought my first one for 9g) and they are very necessary for some of the cool high end stuff.

Another thing is, check thottbot for the co-ords of the entrance to the Rogue den in hillsbrad and the engineer supplies guy in Stranglethorn vale. They sell the Gnomish cloaking device and Mechanical dragon, respectively. GCD goes for about 24s, generally saving you a markup of 500% on AH. Also the Mechanical dragon goes for about 1-2g, cant quite remember, and can sell for up to 6g. So get these as you desire, I highly recommend both, as they are the begining of the benefits of the wonderful profession, that is, Engineering.

Enjoy.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm a 230 tailor, the answers given above are correct. Tailoring is a major pain in the hole to level but at least you get decent stuff to make. Enchanting (im 175) is even WORSE it sucks all your money and gives you **** ALL back until you make it to Beastslaying and even then its pretty ****in' poor! Later on apparently its great and the Enc do seem to get decent but **** me but its a money sink.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thanks Ivan for the pointers ! great info.

I will have to start getting some leather togther, I have been doing Mining and Eng since I started currently im at lvl 32, Cant beleive you flew up !!
    After all my pain and tears ! ;)

But at least now I will soon be ready to do rig wars and get some fused wiring which I had been looking for anyway for my Jumper Cables.

I must say tho even if it is so slow for me its great fun, got the schmatics for Explosive sheep the last day ! hilarous stuff having it attack a player ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

where do you get he engineering skill and do you need a complimentary skill to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

[DF]Lenny wrote:
    where do you get he engineering skill and do you need a complimentary skill to use it?

You can pick it up at any city. You can do it with any other profession, but the complimentary skill is mining as eng requires a lot of metals (and gems and leather)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

DeVore wrote:
    I'm a 230 tailor, the answers given above are correct. Tailoring is a major pain in the hole to level but at least you get decent stuff to make. Enchanting (im 175) is even WORSE it sucks all your money and gives you **** ALL back until you make it to Beastslaying and even then its pretty ****in' poor! Later on apparently its great and the Enc do seem to get decent but **** me but its a money sink.

DeV.

I have around 195 enchanting and i've made a lot of money from it, i got lesser elemental slaying and every fool around a corner wants a glow so of course i oblige and charge up to 4g for it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Could tell me good wats or leveling up my enchanting and tailoring. Its looks like i need alot of components, whats a fast way to lvl up but requires little components?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Fastest way to level both is to get into a guild which will support you and send you raw materials - cloth and green items (of the appropriate level) to disenchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Keep disenchanting until you dont get skill points from it anymore. Hoard all of the raw materials you get, while you do that. I think you can get up to 100 just from disenchanting, and thats about when the reasonable enchantments come.

Could probably start selling them at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You only get about 50 skillups from disenchant, and the decent enchants dont come till 150+

A good fast way to do it, without the support of a guild is just run deadmines constantly. A LOT of cloth drops from each run, which allows you to make a few green items to disenchant on top of the loot you get from the run.

Just enchant the top yellow stuff you have on yourself constantly untill you start to get weapon enchants. Really though, the first thing youll get that sells is beastslaying (the first enchant to have a glow.)

Advertisement