Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand from Fitz e40 rebuy last night

Options
  • 28-03-2005 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

The new e40 tournie was a great game with e8.5k in prize money. With 3 tables left this hand came up.

Two players left. All-in pre flop with similar stack sizes.

Player A: AQ
    Player B: JJ

Flop: 88J
    Turn: Q
    River: Q

There were some unreal flops last night. The final table was an all-in fest as it only formed at 2.30 or so with the blinds at 4k/8k.

Went out 7th. Bummer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

haven't been in the fitz in a lifetime...is this tournament on every Sunday now? Multiple rebuys or limited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Dont know, but think it will be the regular Sunday tournie. It was 5 rebuys max ( or 4 + top-up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

As the players dropped off the final table it became less of an all-in fest as the blinds remained frozen at 4/8k. A deal was done with 4 players left with stacks ranging from 145k - 85k everyone got €1750 each less dealer tip. Of course I had the shortest stack so it was a reasonable deal for me :) Hardball negotiation 101 pays off.....

You were unlucky Dave to hit the pocket tens in the BB's hand. That guy had been quite lucky a few times but considering it was only his third tournament he played well. He was very happy to get his gamble on which is always dangerous for other players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ollyk1 wrote:
    As the players dropped off the final table it became less of an all-in fest as the blinds remained frozen at 4/8k. A deal was done with 4 players left with stacks ranging from 145k - 85k everyone got €1750 each less dealer tip. Of course I had the shortest stack so it was a reasonable deal for me :) Hardball negotiation 101 pays off.....

You were unlucky Dave to hit the pocket tens in the BB's hand. That guy had been quite lucky a few times but considering it was only his third tournament he played well. He was very happy to get his gamble on which is always dangerous for other players.

Thanks Olly. I must say you played well and got a great deal there. I was always aiming for a win ( sh1t or bust!). He knew his TT was live at 7 players and I was under the gun and he had me down for a steal but it was going to hurt his stack to call so......he called.

I saw the K on the flop for a microsecond before I spotted his trip T.

There go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Thanks Dave- I've been making a lot of final tables recently but no big pay-offs.

I was going all out myself too but I couldn't refuse 2nd place prize money with 4 players left and me the shortest stack - but if it hadn't been an equal split I'd have refused in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Two players left. All-in pre flop with similar stack sizes.

Player A: AQ
    Player B: JJ

Flop: 88J
    Turn: Q
    River: Q

Yeah I remember this one, I was the player with JJ :)
    I didn't feel too terrible about seeing the turn and river
    as all the money went in pre-flop. I think I mis-played it
    before the flop though.

The blinds were $500/$1000, it was folded around to the
    player directly on my right (late/mid position) who raised to
    $5000. He was new to the table and I'd no idea how he
    played. I didn't realise he was more than likely pot-comitted
    (he had $10k left after the raise) and I moved all-in for $16k
    total thinking there was a decent chance he may fold to a
    reraise (wrong). The correct move for me here was to just
    call I think.

Had the majority of the money gone in on the flop I'd have