Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download limit

• 28-03-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

HI

I have Eircom broadband with the 4gb download limit. I have already reached this limit for the month, I was wondering how strictly they enforce the excess charge?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Ring them and ask??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Use the search. Theres been numerous(sp?) threads about this. They havn't charged anyone yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Just because no one here has admitted being charged dosent mean everyone who has passed their download limit has done so without any adverse effects!!!

quigo if I were you I would not bring attention to yourself by ringing up any arrogant eircom rep and basically ask to be charged.
    Just sit tight and dont do much downloading for the rest of the month.

Chances are you wont get charged the 3c per MByte....but who knows!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

as far as i am aware no one has ever been charged yet.

i went over 40gbs over the christmas period and nothing happened. I have eased off now though just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

Thanks Diarmo, I'll do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

dublin24 wrote:
    as far as i am aware no one has ever been charged yet.

i went over 40gbs over the christmas period and nothing happened. I have eased off now though just in case

Damn!!...youve got bigger ballz than me!

When I was with Eircom I never went more than 2GBytes over their limit in a month....but to download more than 30GBytes over their limit...I salute you Sir.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

yeah i wont be doing that again though, i honestly didnt realise i did that much, i was off work for 2 weeks so i just guess i just kept downloading. trust me, the wait for the phone bill was a killer! i would advise anyone to go over by that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

*crys into his porridge*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement