Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Speakers

Options
  • 28-03-2005 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

Hey

I would like to install a surround sound system for the telly in the living room. However, I am not keen on cables all over the place, so was wondering if such a thing as wire free speakers exisited for such systems? If so who makes them & where can I buy them? I suspect if there are, they'll be very prciey and I might just have to make do

Have wooden floors so dont want to rip them up or hammer through the walls

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Most wireless speaker sets come with wired front speakers and wireless rear speakers.

Have a look around there not uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

checked with Richer sounds and they said they dont have them as they are not that good ?

Have a DVD recorder all I want to do is install the speakers etc

Most of the systems come as a package

what are my options ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I've never seen seperates with wireless speaker so you will have to buy them as a package. Not all packages come with a dvd player so just look for one with a seperate amp or built into the sub.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114 If you ask your question on there or do a search you will get a much better answer about what sets are good and which are a waste of money.

You will probably have a better selection and cheaper prices if you import your set from the UK. I got my set on www.unbeatable.co.uk

ok

Checked out prices and at this moment in time not worth it

What about speakers & an amp which are put beside the tv and surround speakers tilted to bounce the sound against the wall

Anyone tried this or is it just bull ?

For a decent price what is the best buy just to enhance the sound nothing to fancy ?

Is the lidl offer of the 2.1 speaker system any good ? I know its cheap but what other offers could I look at in dublin

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ive heard a couple of the "wall bouncing" systems and its just not the same. They have speakers behind you for a reason, if the 2 channel "bouncing" system was any competition for a wired surround system then noboday would bother having speakers behind them.

• Advertisement

Fair enough

However my budget is stretched and these seem like a good starting point

Anyone know what they are like ?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I was looking for wireless "tall boy" speakers - so I rang the sony centre..........€4,000!!!!

For f**Ks sake!

Wires for me then!

Advertisement