Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereos

Options
  • 28-03-2005 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Just thinking of buying a car stereo and since I have a load of mp3s on my computer am interested in one which has a decent sized hard disk and can take a usb memory pen. Do these exist? Or will I have to but one that takes mp3s on cdr. Don't really wanna spend too much if I can help it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Try Halfords (www.halfords.ie) and SafeSounds (www.safesounds.ie)

If neither of those have it, good luck.
    They'll both fit it for you also.

Argos (www.argos.co.uk) also do decent car stereos, but you do have to fit it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

There's one in the Argos that has a usb interface on the front. About 150 eurons. Name/model escapes me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Peter B wrote:
    Just thinking of buying a car stereo and since I have a load of mp3s on my computer am interested in one which has a decent sized hard disk and can take a usb memory pen. Do these exist? Or will I have to but one that takes mp3s on cdr. Don't really wanna spend too much if I can help it.

Why not buy an iPod or Zen or whatever and plumb it into your existing stereo? You can use these in the house too, or as backup devices.

Advertisement