Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV missed billing

Options
  • 28-03-2005 12:51pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from UTV. They forgot to charge me for July 2004(Their fault). Can they come back 8 months later and debit my bank account????
    Seems a bit unfair, now that i'm no longer a customer of theirs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

kikel wrote:
    Just got an email from UTV. They forgot to charge me for July 2004(Their fault). Can they come back 8 months later and debit my bank account????
    Seems a bit unfair, now that i'm no longer a customer of theirs.

Im afraid they can mate,a similar thing happened to me before they forgot to charge me one month then the following month charged me double,hopefully you`ll get away with it anyway...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I've moved this over to Business/Economy/Finance, you'll probably get more informed opinions here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AFAIK they can't just debit the money without warning. Did you receive a letter before they debited the money? UTV customer care sucks tbh. Sounds like their style.:(

You could always cancel the DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You owe them the money, pay it.

However they should not be doing a direct debit at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Bond-007 wrote:
    You could always cancel the DD.

not as straightforward as cancelling a standing order.

you will have to notify the originator (UTV) that you wish to cancel the DD.
    which will signify to them that you are avoiding payment.

You can watch your bank account on a daily basis (your bank will NOT do this for you) and if you see the DD being presented you can ask them to return it unpaid.

but as Victor says, you owe them the money, deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Its only a courtesty that you tell the other party. There is no legal requirement. I have cancelled DD's without telling the other party no problems.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Yeah i owe them money, I'm just a little peeved that the didn't take it when the should have. A Little peeved also that i'm no longer a customer of theres and they can still deduct my account.

I checked with bank. It isn't actually a DD i've set up. It's my laser card details they have. Just clearing things up.

Victor, yeah i'll pay my depths. Always have, sometimes ya just need to rant.

Advertisement