Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox hard drive help

Options
  • 28-03-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi
    i was trying to hotswap my xbox hard drive to back it up and put the backup on a new drive and put in the xbox.
    but the hotswap did not work my xbox light flash's red and green with error code 07.
    is my xbox dead or can it be fixed.
    my xbox has no mods.
    please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-12.html
    Service Error 07:
    Info: Harddisk timeout.
    Solution: Check the IDE Connection/Cable and check the Power Supply.
    Related topic(s) on Xbox-Hq.Com: none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dunco

Hi
    i checked all cables and it is still the same

when i did the hotswap my pc tryed to boot form cd but i had no cd drive in the pc then it would not boot saying invalid disk so pulled the ide cable from the xbox hard drive then the pc would boot but the xbox came up with the error code 07

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Did you lock the HDD?

Is it the new drive that you are putting in the Xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dunco

Hi
    it is the old drive that i have in the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Uh Oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

you will need to get a chip into it you could also try and boot into the exploitable game before it tries to access the hdd and maybe you could get into some software to relock your drive. id personally go with the chip.
    Pete
    Ps. i have few spare xbox hdd's if you need one

Advertisement