Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scum in town last night

Options
  • 28-03-2005 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Was it just me or did Dublin city centre look like the aftermath of an Aslan gig last night?! Seriously dodgy heads everywhere :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

Bah. In my estate (in Clonsilla) there were a few scum gangs around. They didn't look like local scum either. ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Maybe all the other people are normal, and you're the dodgy one, did you ever think about that. I hate people judging others by apperance etc. Did you see anyone doing anything bad?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Lump wrote:
    Maybe all the other people are normal, and you're the dodgy one, did you ever think about that. I hate people judging others by apperance etc. Did you see anyone doing anything bad?

John

If they are gonna dress like filthy scum then they can expect to be seen as filthy scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Tusky wrote:
    If they are gonna dress like filthy scum then they can expect to be seen as filthy scum.

Here here :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Tusky wrote:

Here to ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

Tusky wrote:

No, if they are going to act like filthy scum, then they can expect to be seen as filthy scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Lump wrote:

John

I didnt make my point clear enough.

They were running around temple bar in what looked liked tracksuits, in gangs of 30 plus harrasing tourists when they should have stuck to their local street corners, 2 litres of Scrumpy Jack and a roide in the field.

Dublin city centre was a disgrace last night and I dont usually let such shams ruin a good night.

Ray777 wrote:
    No, if they are going to act like filthy scum, then they can expect to be seen as filthy scum.

If they dress like that its a case of guilty until proven innocent im afraid....in my opinion anyway. I would avoid anyone who wears the 'scummer outfit'. Every single problem my friends or I have had in town has been with people dressed in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Godskitchen was on in the point, thats why there was so many around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TrickyDicky

Bah. In my estate (in Clonsilla) there were a few scum gangs around. They didn't look like local scum either. ¬_¬

I work in the Spar shop in Clonsilla and I had to throw a few scangers out of the shop last night. Unfortunately when I ran after one of them to get back some stuff he stole, a whole load of travellers basically ransacked the shop right under my co-workers eyes :mad: ffs. Then later on someone tried to rob a bottle of wine. Finally when I was finishing work two guys out side spar were beggin' :eek:. There just seems to be no trouble for ages and then all these low-lifes seem to come out of no-where........ :confused:

• Advertisement

I am MAN wrote:

*penny drops*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I am MAN wrote:
    What do you suppose god cooks in his kitchen then? Pizza, to die for?

Evilution wrote:
    What do you suppose god cooks in his kitchen then? Pizza, to die for?

Waffles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

And I thought dance music was dead....

Myth wrote:
    Waffles.
    With syrup?

Evilution wrote:
    With syrup?

With Pizza.

Myth wrote:
    With Pizza.
    Hmmmm, I wonder can you get constipated in the afterlife??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

If they dress like that its a case of guilty until proven innocent im afraid....in my opinion anyway. I would avoid anyone who wears the 'scummer outfit'. Every single problem my friends or I have had in town has been with people dressed in that way.

Here here. That "don't judge a book by its cover" BS just doesn't fly when you're talking about scummers

Here here. That "don't judge a book by its cover" BS just doesn't fly when you're talking about scummers

How do you know they're scummers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭bidireland

i saw a tracksuited Chav like person walk upto a old man (over 60) and punch him in the face, for no reason other than being on the same side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Myth wrote:
    How do you know they're scummers?

By what they look like. They might be nice people, but if it looks like a scanger, sounds like a scanger and walks like a scanger, then it's a scanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Dub13 wrote:
    And I thought dance music was dead....

What on earth does that have to do with them being scumbags? I like dance music and I'm an IT consultant. :confused:

anthonymcg wrote:
    What on earth does that have to do with them being scumbags? I like dance music and I'm an IT consultant. :confused:

I think what he meant was the fact that the Point Depot had thousands last night for Godskitchen would go against the myth that dance music is a dead genre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yea thats right....I used to love the old dance scene back in the mid to late 90s.And all you hear about these days is Dance is dead.

Dance music isnt dead at all...its just gotten less ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I work in the Spar shop in Clonsilla and I had to throw a few scangers out of the shop last night. Unfortunately when I ran after one of them to get back some stuff he stole, a whole load of travellers basically ransacked the shop right under my co-workers eyes :mad: ffs. Then later on someone tried to rob a bottle of wine. Finally when I was finishing work two guys out side spar were beggin' :eek:. There just seems to be no trouble for ages and then all these low-lifes seem to come out of no-where........ :confused:

Ahh the delights of the northside.

Tusky wrote:
    Dance music isnt dead at all...its just gotten less ****e.

Less ****e? Come off it! Maniac anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I wouldn't class myself as anything, a goth, a scanger, a hippy, anything like that. People may class me as a hippy simply because I like to wear slightly baggy pants or whatever. One of my best friends dresses in nothing but sports wear. He has an accent that according to some people would define him as a scumbag. I know various people from various walks of life who dress in various ways and listen to various music and talk in various accents.

It's wrong to judge people by dress, voice and taste in music. Judge only when you see their actions or know them well enough to make that judgement.

I myself like dance music amongst many other genres.

When there is no band on that interests me at Oxegen/Witnness, I find myself in the dance tent, which is filled with many different types of people.

I would like to go to Godskitchen myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Myth wrote:
    Less ****e? Come off it! Maniac anyone?

Erm...you mean that song that's 15 years old (if not more)? Hardly a good example :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cormie wrote:
    It's wrong to judge people by dress, voice and taste in music. Judge only when you see their actions or know them well enough to make that judgement.
    TBH, they've brought it on themselves...
    They were running around temple bar in what looked liked tracksuits, in gangs of 30 plus harrasing tourists

Or you can find out the hard way, that they're scum...
    bidireland wrote:
    i saw a tracksuited Chav like person walk upto a old man (over 60) and punch him in the face, for no reason other than being on the same side of the road.

=-=

Its how they carry themselves, and act towards others.

Advertisement