Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scum in town last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

the_syco wrote:
    TBH, they've brought it on themselves...

Who have? You can't say everyone who dresses in tracsuits are a threat to society.

I was walking down the road at about 8 in the evening the other day. There were 4 young men about 22-24 on the other side of the road. Dressed in what would be classed as respectful clothing, jeans, shoes and a top. They were talking loud, having a bit of banter etc. The path was being re laid with bricks and the workers had left a traffic cone on the path. They picked it up and threw it over into a garden. There was a pile of bricks, 2 of the men picked up a brick each. One whacked it at the bonnet of a car, the other threw it straight through the window.

I've heard and seen things from all kinds of people about mischief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Theres a tasteful way to wear tracksuits, lotsa people wear tracksuits, that doesnt mean theyre skangers. But theres the signs. The scowl on their face, theyre loud, their glares etc etc, its just they stick out like a sore thumb. Ya can spout any of the PC crap ya want, but in fairness ill be avoiding these type of people, just in case

cormie wrote:
    I was walking down the road at about 8 in the evening the other day. There were 4 young men about 22-24 on the other side of the road. Dressed in what would be classed as respectful clothing, jeans, shoes and a top. They were talking loud, having a bit of banter etc. The path was being re laid with bricks and the workers had left a traffic cone on the path. They picked it up and threw it over into a garden. There was a pile of bricks, 2 of the men picked up a brick each. One whacked it at the bonnet of a car, the other threw it straight through the window
    Yeah, these people are scum. What has it got to do with anything?

As in not everyone in tracksuits are scum and not everyone in respectable clothes are respectable.

well thats obvious, but in fairness, not every traveller is a troublemaker but if i was a publican id be nervous if a bunch of them came into my pub. Its the reputation skangers have, and theyre associated with that dress style. Not PC im sure, but hey, thats just the way it is

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote:
    Erm...you mean that song that's 15 years old (if not more)? Hardly a good example :)

Was referring to the 2000 incarnation! The original is from Flashdance "she's a maniac" afaict

ColHol wrote:
    well thats obvious, but in fairness, not every traveller is a troublemaker but if i was a publican id be nervous if a bunch of them came into my pub. Its the reputation skangers have, and theyre associated with that dress style. Not PC im sure, but hey, thats just the way it is

aye aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Myth wrote:
    Less ****e? Come off it! Maniac anyone?

For a start, the remix of that song is 5 years old. Even so, it is a terrible example of the state of dance music.

In the last few months Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk and Vitalic have released albums. Felix Da housecat has become pretty popular recently too.

Tusky wrote:
    For a start, the remix of that song is 5 years old. Even so, it is a terrible example of the state of dance music.

In the last few months Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk and Vitalic have released albums. Felix Da housecat has become pretty popular recently too.

I haven't gotten my hands on the new Chems album yet, but I heard Galvanise and it didn't sound the best. Tis getting well off topic though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Tusky wrote:

There's a new Daft Punk album out??? /me rushes to Amazon to check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah the weekly "I'm afraid to walk the streets because people in tracksuits might rape me" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

If you were in the local shop and saw a bare electrical wire hanging from the ice-cream fridge, would you grab it to see if it was live or draw it to the attention of the shop keeper ?

Personally I'd not grab it - cause it might kill me.

Same thing with these track-suit clad, Nike Air wearing, shaven headed, wild eyed, street spitting, thick accented characters. Invariably they're only skin and bone, and move around with jerky movements that just doesn't make you want to trust them. Then to top it off there's the baseball cap, pushed back on the head so that the peak is precisely parallel with the ground. :confused:

Anyway, just like the electric wire which may have the potential to kill me even though it might not, these people are guilty until proven innocent I'm afraid. Appearance is everything here, and until they show themselves to be the socially acceptable type, then they will be treated as scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Lump wrote:
    Maybe all the other people are normal, and you're the dodgy one, did you ever think about that. I hate people judging others by apperance etc. Did you see anyone doing anything bad?

John

You obviously are leading a nice sheltered life there John because that is just stupid, you can spot these people a mile away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

It's in the swagger. I'd say a fair number of them don't get beyond their teens for one reason or other

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

Clonsilla is full of scumbags. The house next door to me gets the ****e bricked out of it for no apparent reason other than it's probably a "fukin' deadly buzz loike". My goal in life is to get my Deagle and initiate the hunt next time they do it. They always hang around Spar as well, like someone said before. Just standing there.

What's the purpose in that? Standing there for hours on end drinking their fuxxing Dutch Gold and cider. Bah. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so tempting to get a huge gang of people to come along and begin pointing and laughing at them, before commencing the shower of stones and pointy objects, resulting in more demented pointing and laughing.

All seriousness aside, I've never had any trouble from anyone other than a typical skanger. Well, apart from that one arse at Papa Roach in the Point, but that's one out of a hundred situations.

If only I actually had a Deagle... *sniff* :(

Political correctness means nothing when it comes to these creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

I don't if this is connected in any way to the original post but last night/this morning we had one of them doing a spiderman job up a drainpipe in our apt complex trying to get into an open window. Luckily, the owner heard the fugger and the guy almost broke his legs jumping off from the 1st floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

id say they were all going to 100% modified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Myth wrote:
    Less ****e? Come off it! Maniac anyone?

That song is now 5 years old Myth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Ardent wrote:
    I don't if this is connected in any way to the original post but last night/this morning we had one of them doing a spiderman job up a drainpipe in our apt complex trying to get into an open window. Luckily, the owner heard the fugger and the guy almost broke his legs jumping off from the 1st floor.

Self inflicted - I like it!

Seriously though - at least he had some drive (Breaking into someone's apt. I know) compared to the other proles that just hang around. It's like life is one big social welfare driven holiday for some of these people. It's always funny on a Thursday morning - you can tell the serious dole people by the fact that they throw a coat over their pyjamas to go down to the post office...

Darragh

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Placebo wrote:
    id say they were all going to 100% modified
    he he... there was a fair few in there alright, tracksuits, gold chairns & soverigns, caps pointed up in the air, going up to everyone that had a car in the show saying "Dats deadley! Meister, how mouch fer yer kar?" etc etc... gotta love em tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Myth wrote:
    How do you know they're scummers?
    Because respectable people dress different.

Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

0utshined wrote:
    There's a new Daft Punk album out??? /me rushes to Amazon to check it out.

It has to be the most underhyped dance album in years. Compared to the fanfare "Homework" got anyhoo.

Advertisement