Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MSN Messenger Help Please !!

• 28-03-2005 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

I use MSN like many other and lately since i updated to the 7.0 beta it disconnects and reconnects by itself atleast 2 an hour !!

Does anyone know what the probelm might be and how may be fixed?

Any help would be great !

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

The service has been acting flakey for me at home quite a bit lately it could be your modem idling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Asok wrote:
    The service has been acting flakey for me at home quite a bit lately it could be your modem idling out.

IS there anyway of changing this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Hope Microsoft get off their arse and fix it.

Winters wrote:
    Hope Microsoft get off their arse and fix it.

so allot of people having this problem ? If i roll back to the last version 6.2 will it be more stable ?

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Nope, Im still on 6.2 as I heard the newer version is a bit dodgy but it dont matter, I still get d/c reguarly. Signs me in and out randomly. Lots of people are having trouble with msn lately. Signing in can sometimes be a problem too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeh, me too... MSN7 particularily though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Me too!

Version 7 has some serious issues! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Version 7 has some serious issues!
    Version 7 BETA has some serious issues. That's what beta's are about - bug finding. Best thing to do is provide feedback. Don't expect it to function without flaws. Back down to 6.2 if it gets annoying.

Version 7 BETA has some serious issues. That's what beta's are about - bug finding. Best thing to do is provide feedback. Don't expect it to function without flaws. Back down to 6.2 if it gets annoying.

thanks for that !! but 6.2 is the same I've been told !!

Well I've been using 6.2 for the past few months with ne'er a bother. What ISP are you all with? (I'm with NTL).

• Advertisement

Well I've been using 6.2 for the past few months with ne'er a bother. What ISP are you all with? (I'm with NTL).

I'm with IBB and NTL ;-)

trial on one and the other full contract

So how do you manage that? NTL had a spot of bother a couple of weeks ago and it affected access to Hotmail. (We thought it might have been related to an imminent upgrade). But can you say which provider you had the MSN 7 fault with? If IBB I wouldn't be surprised. Fidder's elbow that one.

So how do you manage that? NTL had a spot of bother a couple of weeks ago and it affected access to Hotmail. (We thought it might have been related to an imminent upgrade). But can you say which provider you had the MSN 7 fault with? If IBB I wouldn't be surprised. Fidder's elbow that one.

hehehe freee trail on none and ending contract with another !!! :-)

Cross over !!! thanink MSN messenger has reached it life cycle !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

been using the beta since the first release of it, no probs with d/c or anything like it.

kaimera wrote:
    been using the beta since the first release of it, no probs with d/c or anything like it.

Broadband or Dial up? Think its an idle modem thing !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

kaimera wrote:

Same here, with the messenger plus addon. No probs at all. I have it connected all day in work and all night at home (DSL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the beta does a odd thing for me...

when i log in and after a while decide to log out and close msn completely (gone from systray and all), i come back in about 15-30 minutes and decide to log in again so i open up msn again by clicking the icon in my quick launch. nothing loads up.

i then open task manager and see that the previous msn session is still in there, one i cancel that it loads up fine but it's a tad bit annoying don't you think?

Cremo wrote:
    the beta does a odd thing for me...

when i log in and after a while decide to log out and close msn completely (gone from systray and all), i come back in about 15-30 minutes and decide to log in again so i open up msn again by clicking the icon in my quick launch. nothing loads up.

i then open task manager and see that the previous msn session is still in there, one i cancel that it loads up fine but it's a tad bit annoying don't you think?

VERY !!!

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ye this is bizzare, I have being using beta 7 and messenger plus for ages, with very little problems. I say it logged me out maybe twice over 4months. My friend however has it crash constantly on him. Anytime he tries to invite people or joing multiple conversation windows it crashes on him. Its definitly an hourly occurance :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

does anyone know when this will be released as a full version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

iIrc there was a security issue with the beta 7 and it was pulled for a few days while the bug was fixed, hence the addon. I had no trouble using the BETA untill i got the addon then i had no end of bother with signing in disconnecting and reconnecting. I just use Trillian now, handier IMO

Is MSN down ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

it was earlier..

back up now.

it was earlier..

back up now.

Hard to get connected the last 2 hours !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Mine's still down :mad:

Think i'll have to go and speak to my pals in person now! hehe! :D :mad: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I still can't connect - stoopid messenger! at least we still have yahoo msgr I suppose... *sigh*

Advertisement