Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM switch to 2mb Date!!!

• 28-03-2005 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi Guys,

I know everyone knows that eircom are switching line and all of that but i just thought id let everyone know what happened when i called there home starter plus technical line for info on it.

I was speaking to a girl called emer. She first said that it wasnt taking place until summer. I referred to the press release dating the change over by april 8. she went away for a few minutes and came back after speaking to her manager! she told me that all of the exchanges have already been upgraded and will be switched over on friday april 4th. will the full effect reaching everyone over the weekend.

I hope this hasnt wasted your time and given a little more insight to the date of changeover :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I think this was widely known.
    It's on their website and iols website and all over the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

April 4th is a Monday. Do you mean Friday April 1st?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

hah or is this a very unfunny april fools joke by eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Following extensive trials in recent months, Were set to transform the speed of broadband in Ireland by increasing the entry level or standard speed from 512kbs to 1Mb for all broadband customers by 8 April, 2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Chief--- wrote:
    hah or is this a very unfunny april fools joke by eircom.

I hereby call April first "Eircom day" !! for Irelands biggest fools !! :-)
    :D

128kb/s upstream !! Long live ISDN !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

I hope Emer reads all current press releases issued by her company in the future before she starts work in the morning...as she is a an €ircom rep for fuxx sake!!!

dublin24 if you hadnt pressed her on the issue who knows how many more people would have got incorrect information for that rep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

HAHAHA,

I didnt even check the dates.

No seriously someone else ring the line, i bet they tell you the same thing.

And i know its widely known they are switching but i just thought a date would help, but obviously this date is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's not really her place to read public press releases. She should of been informed by her supervisor which she clearly wasn't. It's just a case of bad communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

right i just called back. i was speaking to dave. first he said the 8th which we all know, but he went and checked if there was any updates. he was reading an email out loud that said its the first of april but to advise customers its the 8th, then he laughed cause he knew i heard him. he also said there are definatley no increases with caps at all but also stated that no one has been charged yet anyway, he seemed to know alot more about this than emer. he said that he would think they would increase caps if the download speed has been increased but its NOT going to happen yet!

arent eircom fun! least he knew what date friday was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

dublin24 wrote:
    right i just called back. i was speaking to dave. first he said the 8th which we all know, but he went and checked if there was any updates. he was reading an email out loud that said its the first of april but to advise customers its the 8th, then he laughed cause he knew i heard him. he also said there are definatley no increases with caps at all but also stated that no one has been charged yet anyway, he seemed to know alot more about this than emer. he said that he would think they would increase caps if the download speed has been increased but its NOT going to happen yet!

arent eircom fun! least he knew what date friday was
    That's pretty interesting, so April 1st it is.
    That means a weekend of 2mb for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

dlofnep wrote:
    It's not really her place to read public press releases. She should of been informed by her supervisor which she clearly wasn't. It's just a case of bad communication.

Actually it is "clearly her place" to keep up to date with the current affairs of the company she is a representative of!!!
    I find it difficult to believe that she dosent take a passing interest in what Eircom is offering customers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Hold on, is eircom going to increase it's ADSL speeds to 1mb or 2mb?
    Take it that the general idea is that eircom will have implemented this by the 1st of next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

*crys into his porridge again*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement