Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcopops!

Options
  • 28-03-2005 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Remember years ago when everyone thought that only gay people and girls drank alcopops? well I've got news for ya, was out last night and I saw quite possibly the hardest looking bloke in the world (bigger than B.A. and rougher than Vinny Jones) and in his hand he had a bottle of smirnoff ice. It just looked wrong! :cool: Are we now "allowed" to drink alcopops?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Im beginning to see more and more blokes drinking them too. I know for sure Id get a lot of stick of my mates if I was drinking them. Dont know wether its fully accepted yet. In fairness, by the sounds of him who is gonna slag him for drinkin alcopops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Remember years ago when everyone thought that only gay people and girls drank alcopops? well I've got news for ya, was out last night and I saw quite possibly the hardest looking bloke in the world (bigger than B.A. and rougher than Vinny Jones) and in his hand he had a bottle of smirnoff ice. It just looked wrong! :cool: Are we now "allowed" to drink alcopops?
    I wasn't aware of anything that prohibited it, apart from most of them being crap on their own (the fun comes when you mix!)

I remember hearing about the stigma to do with alcopops about 3 years ago, but since the fat frog craze I think it has gone away? I hate the ****e itself, but if someone wants to drink petrol I'm hardly gonna say anything against them (bar take it easy)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

^ and dont smoke!

Also all the wicked and smirnoff ice ads feature lads havin a great time, and theyre quite entertaining too, but that still doesnt mean id be caught dead with one in the pub* (fat frogs are ok)

*Although a friend of mine can do this trick where he can knock back an alcopop in 3 seconds so he is allowed to drink them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Alcopops are ****e - drink beer! If you like that kinda stuff, why not buy a shot of liquor and mix it with a mixer, rather than paying for stuff with god knows what in it??? They can put any poor quality vodka batches into those and you will never know......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

DrIndy wrote:
    Alcopops are ****e - drink beer! If you like that kinda stuff, why not buy a shot of liquor and mix it with a mixer, rather than paying for stuff with god knows what in it??? They can put any poor quality vodka batches into those and you will never know......
    well whatevers in them does the job without making me vomit after the 1st few anyhow.
    Dont drink brandy. thats bad for you.
    Brandy can kill.
    wkd cant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

umm
    wkd can't kill?

it doesn't have alcohol in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jezza wrote:
    well whatevers in them does the job without making me vomit after the 1st few anyhow.
    Dont drink brandy. thats bad for you.
    Brandy can kill.
    wkd cant
    You could drown in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ColHol wrote:
    *Although a friend of mine can do this trick where he can knock back an alcopop in 3 seconds so he is allowed to drink them
    Is that when you put two straws in it? Thats easy.
    Sure... unless your balls have dropped ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I love alcopops.... to start off.

Shots of Absenthe soon after etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Maybe he was gay?

And people still think that only girls and ponces drink alcopops! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

the_syco wrote:
    Is that when you put two straws in it? Thats easy.
    Nope he used to put one straw in alrite but now he can just do it with only a bottle. Dont see the difference really, although i tried it once and eh, long story short it was an expensive way to destroy my shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Myth wrote:
    I remember hearing about the stigma to do with alcopops about 3 years ago, but since the fat frog craze I think it has gone away? I hate the ****e itself, but if someone wants to drink petrol I'm hardly gonna say anything against them (bar take it easy)

A pint of your finest petol, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Remember pints of smirnoff ice? wonder why they got rid of em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

alcopops make me sleepy :rolleyes:
    kinda weird
    hate them now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

ColHol wrote:
    Nope he used to put one straw in alrite but now he can just do it with only a bottle. Dont see the difference really, although i tried it once and eh, long story short it was an expensive way to destroy my shirt

Putting a straw in it and downing it in one is called snorkeling it, if you can drink coke fast you can down a wkd.

You put a straw in it and then bend the bendy bit over the lip then start chugging. The straw removes airbubbles in it so it just slides down the throat instead of 'clugging' and spurting out like a regular bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Mordeth wrote:

umm
    wkd can't kill?

it doesn't have alcohol in it?
    well i never ended up in hosp from gettin plastered on wkd...brandy is a diff story now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

I wasn't aware of anything that prohibited it, apart from most of them being crap on their own (the fun comes when you mix!)

I have to spread the word - Wickedwiser!

half of blue wkd and half of bud - sounds bad but not in the least..

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Why are alcopops ok to drink and not cocktails? They're pretty much the same...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Working in a bar when i was younger and a group of 4 travellers(known for trouble in the area, someone losing an ear in another pub the week before due to them) Entered. The place went deadly silent as the biggest one, arms like tree trunks you know the type, approached me at the bar. "4 bottles of Smirnoff Ice" I would have pissed myself if it wasnt life threatining to do so.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Sangre wrote:
    Putting a straw in it and downing it in one is called snorkeling it, if you can drink coke fast you can down a wkd.

You put a straw in it and then bend the bendy bit over the lip then start chugging. The straw removes airbubbles in it so it just slides down the throat instead of 'clugging' and spurting out like a regular bottle.

also known as a shotgun

knock back 2 in a row, is a double barrel shogun....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

if i were to spend the whole night drinking the likes of wkd I would be sick before I would be drunk. they are nice to have one or two but then your better off to move onto something like beer.

a bottle of tia maria and litre of milk is the right job if you want to get rightly drunk, but not stupid drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Alcopops my Arse.Was in St Oliver Gogartys tonight and an alcopop was 6.70euro during dark night....fecking highway robbery.Got a price list from bar and pint of black stuff was 4.55 during day and 4.95 at a later time.

left after the first pint,not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I saw one of the most psychotic little scumbags i know drinkin an orange Bacardi Breezer one night. You see more lads drinkin WKD now, but never BB

Stick with me beer generally, i was out at that nightclub at fairyhouse, the beer was **** and they were sellin alcopops cheap so i was drinkin some brand i never heard of it. Generally dont drink them or fat frogs tho, cos oim an ard geezah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Darragh
    Half Budweiser, half smirronoff ice can be nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darraghrogan

Darragh

Half Budweiser, half smirronoff ice can be nice too.
    ##

that's fuked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

##

that's fuked up.

Normally I stay well clear of the sugar buzz afforded by tart fuels but wickedwiser and it's variants are surprisingly good.

Now buckfast - the original alcopop?

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd normally stay clear of alcopops, except when I get really drunk and they seem like a great idea. WKD gives me a wkd headache the next day though.

Some club at home used to have a promo on something called Banshee, which was like Woodies (who remembers that?) with about 4 or 5 flavours. Not bad, especially when it was 3 for €10. Never seen that anywhere else though.

John Daniels and Red Bull, now that's a drink to get plastered on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Advertisement