Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chips

Options
  • 28-03-2005 4:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

NO TRADERS PLEASE, RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY!

I'm guessing this has been asked a thousand times but searches for "recommend chips" or even "chips" don't turn up anything obvious: Where should I buy chips online, what kind should I buy, and how many should I buy? Ditto any other poker-related paraphenalia. Hoping to have a kitchen table soon, time to start a game! :)

adam

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Theres a sticky here that has that info I think. Ebay is one source but I dont like the chips for sale there. There are loads of good value places (golfhq.com) but I can get you a decent set if you want (home game size). Pm me.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

got mine in argos, 30 yops, nice set

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This guy is selling some for what seems to be very good value:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

If you visit one of the links in my sig you will find a better deal on chips. Alternatively to get a better price take a short trip up the M1 to my shop and collect them. PM me for more details. Tables also kept in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm guessing this has been asked a thousand times but searches for "recommend chips" or even "chips" don't turn up anything obvious: Where should I buy chips online, what kind should I buy, and how many should I buy? Ditto any other poker-related paraphenalia. Hoping to have a kitchen table soon, time to start a game! :)

adam

I have a metal case of 300 chips u can have for 100 euro. Got em on ebay last year and never used them. Not great but heavy.
    PM if interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

dahamsta, let me know when you get a game going and if you have an extra seat to fill!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

PM sent DeV.

Sorry shortstack, I don't buy off traders that market themselves on forums.

Doc, if DeV doesn't follow through I might get back to you.

How's tricks Fixer? Just a case of getting the chips and a new apartment really!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

dahamsta wrote:

D

Shortstack is one of us. He can be trusted and is good value.

Check him out and then make up your own mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

dahamsta wrote:
    PM sent DeV.

I apologise for answering your question. :confused:

Point taken BigDragon, but to be fair Shortstack, you actually didn't answer my questions. I was looking for recommendations of where to buy ("where should I buy"), whick I think you should be precluded from answering given your natural bias, and you didn't answer either of the other two questions I asked.

This conversation demonstrates precisely why I don't buy from people that market their wares on forums btw. If someone had recommended you before you jumped in, I might actually have bought off you. It's a funny old world, isn't it?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

New chip prices come into effect at Special Days this week with our latest delivery. - From what I can gather there may be a further reduction from the factories in Autumn too but the strenghtening dollar will probably negate this.

To give an idea of the new prices 500 11.5g dice chips (resin/ clay composite) are now 99.00, 500 pro-clay "vegas" chips are 139.00 and 500 13.5g true-clay chips (not numbered) are now 119.00

Clay chips (vegas & royal flush) haven't come down as much as composite chips. approx 8% against 15%

Internet prices ( www.specialdays.ie ) will be updated later on in the week but any orders will be charged at the new prices.

Professional folding tables are also in from the end of the week - 4 foot & 7 foot with cushioning and folding legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Dahamsta making friends again.

What an obnoxious fúcktard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Those are numbered points not bullet points.

[edit]Damn the post I was making fun of is gone![/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

dahamsta wrote:
    Point taken BigDragon, but to be fair Shortstack, you actually didn't answer my questions. I was looking for recommendations of where to buy ("where should I buy"), whick I think you should be precluded from answering given your natural bias, and you didn't answer either of the other two questions I asked.

This conversation demonstrates precisely why I don't buy from people that market their wares on forums btw. If someone had recommended you before you jumped in, I might actually have bought off you. It's a funny old world, isn't it?

adam

To answer your question in your signature - No you don't.

As you can see if you check my posts, I post here exclusively and I know shortstack personally, as do all the regulars here. If my recommendation is not good enough for you I think you are in the wrong place.

I did not recommend mccaul as I dont know him personally but I have been to his place in Liffey Valley and the range is good.

Dont bother asking for advice from me again m8. You'll get none. Try some other place for help from now on. You'll get none here.

Shortstack wrote:
    I apologise for answering your question. :confused:

sorry, whoever u are but big dragon dave is the man, pure gold, and u can get ur chips elsewhere. Id sooner give them away. adios chief.

sorry, whoever u are but big dragon dave is the man, pure gold, and u can get ur chips elsewhere. Id sooner give them away. adios chief.

i mean shortstack of course.
    So annoyed i cannot see

to others reading, MCcaul's shops, specials days, sell great chips at great prices. I'm gonna get their best set soon. And if u don't like my opinion u know where u may insert it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Magno's in Ranelagh do the best chips in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Try here

I am not involved in this website or business.

BigDragon wrote:
    I did not recommend mccaul as I dont know him personally but I have been to his place in Liffey Valley and the range is good.
    I didn't say or ask anything about mcaul "m8", are you getting a little bit confused?
    Dont bother asking for advice from me again m8. You'll get none. Try some other place for help from now on. You'll get none here.
    Boo hoo. There was me thinking I was asking the poker community, and all along I was asking you and you only. What age are you, ten?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

You were asking the poker community, but when they responded you threw it back in their face.

Culchie wrote:
    You were asking the poker community, but when they responded you threw it back in their face.
    When the traders responded, I threw it back in their face. Why should I take recommendations from traders, who are biased by definition?

I appreciate the responses from individuals without an agenda btw, thanks folks.

Mods, feel free to lock this, it isn't exactly productive.

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll lock it. But to be fair I always said that traders were allowed to point out that they sold a product if it such info was requested by a user, thats always been the way. As it happens, Shortstack is not only a trader (and you'd hardly know as he keeps it very quiet) but also a well known and respected up-and-coming big timer (you can pay me later Mike).

This is all one horrible misunderstanding and I'm turning the key...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement