Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM 5 - Yay or nay

Options
  • 28-03-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Is it worth my while buying CM 5 or should i just move to football manager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Well Football Manager IS the next Championship Manager. CM5 is totally new, and appareenly shíte. Need I say more? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

dcarroll wrote:
    Is it worth my while buying CM 5 or should i just move to football manager
    I'm still shocked that people (with the internet) don't know the situation after so long. Anyway, what Einstürzende said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Maybe a sticky with the title: "FM2005 = Real CM. CM5 = Imposter" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I haven't, and don't know of anyone who has, played CM5. Just go to FM, it's deadly, a few steps ahead of last season's CM. Download the latest update thing from the sports interactive website if you get it, it updates all the squads to post January transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I have read the offical CM 5 forum and its bug forum and it seems the game has been a disaster.Without a patch, its basically unplayable and player stats are said to be incorrect and data is out of date.Its not surprising considering its a brand new game with a brand new code and developers who are very inexperienced at this genre.Look how much SI struggled with CM4 and they had many years of experience by then!!.Eidos also apparently have financial problems and rushed the release of this game

so yeah, stick with FM2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I liked CM4, never had a problem with it either. What was wrong with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Dempsey wrote:
    First of all, i bought CM 5, yeah it's ****, prob even worse than that
    But yeah, i thought cm4 was leg too, but 5 is nothin like it, or any other cm, its like a whole new game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

dcarroll wrote:
    First of all, i bought CM 5, yeah it's ****, prob even worse than that
    But yeah, i thought cm4 was leg too, but 5 is nothin like it, or any other cm, its like a whole new game

like a whole new game you say? maybe because it is infact a whole new and completely different game.

If in doubt see post number four on this very thread

Boro wrote:
    Maybe a sticky with the title: "FM2005 = Real CM. CM5 = Imposter" ?
    True, I second that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dempsey wrote:

Well it was a brand new code so it was full of bugs.Some major ones such as winning 11-0 all the time etc

CM3 had the same problems but by the time of CM 01-02 , most of the problems had been fixed and thus creating a great game.The same can be said for FM 2005(which is an updated cm4 and with far far less problems)

• Advertisement

But Cm5 seems to me as if it has gone back to before cm2 (i've never played the first one but i'd reckon it would be better than this)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

dcarroll wrote:
    But Cm5 seems to me as if it has gone back to before cm2 (i've never played the first one but i'd reckon it would be better than this)
    Ok and for around 100th time on this board
    "FM2005 = Real CM. CM5 = Imposter"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nice review. I'd agree with that.
    Ta Kdjac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

I like CM5, when you get the patch it fixes a lot of the problems, i tink in some ways its actualy better than FM2005, like the match engine ant the tactics screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any loyal FM'ers had a go of CM5 for the laugh? Found yourself pleasantly surprised?

I haven't played it yet myself.

Had a quick go at it, wasnt too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Unearthly wrote:
    Well it was a brand new code so it was full of bugs.Some major ones such as winning 11-0 all the time etc
    Maybe your just an amazing manager ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Any loyal FM'ers had a go of CM5 for the laugh? Found yourself pleasantly surprised?

I haven't played it yet myself.

No, tbh I can't see it being any more than a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Does anyone konw if cm5 is quicker than FM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Poitiers

Stick with the lads at Sports Interactive. A good lookin' oul doll called by a different name is still goodlookin'.

FM 2005 is the best yet. Wouldn't even try cm 5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i am currently playing cm5 on my brothers laptop...

a few things that bug me..

1. The screen is quite hard to navigate around.
    2. Player search is regional.. so if you managing in england it would would pull out the player available in and around england...
    3. Player ratings are always around 6

- there are a few over things.. but i just use this player to describe it.

'Emile Heskey'.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

CM5 is awful , played it on a mates machine and it looks terrible, hard to use and it does not look even a quarter as good as FM , i would not even give away for free !

Advertisement