Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows XP - Service Pack 2

• 28-03-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with XP S2 on their system.
    I still have not installed the upgrade but am planning on doing it soon enough. But I have heard some people have had problems with particular applications once S2 has been installed.

Any of you have any problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No. Well, yes. But thats not so much SP2's fault as it is to do with Microsoft not yet digitally signing Bluetooth drivers, and giving priority to their own in-house ones over third party ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Zonealarm Pro is not very fond of service pack 2... That's all i have to say! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

no problems what so ever.

only peole i know who ahve had problems, had problems before they installed,
    they thought sp2 would fix everything but instead it got worse, due to the firewall etc locking there system down,

if your system is in a bad way get it sorted before installing or else fresh install of xp and then sp2 followed by all programs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've never experienced any problems when installing windows xp sp2. I only got them if I removed it. In anycase most programs have been updated to be compliant with sp2 since it came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Slipstreamed SP2 here. No issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Most of the issues I've heard about are firewall related, but you could turn off the firewall to trouble shoot. It also depends on the enviroment - do a search for your "mission critical" app to see if it has an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

My Dell Truemobile Bluetooth Card in my x300 Laptop ceased to work after install of sp2.

Dell support acknowledged that it was sp2 that was at fault, but all they could recommend was to remove sp2. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i installed it on about 20 pcs, only 1 gave a problem it had no network afterwards, it couldn't detect the ethernet card or its modem, or anything plugged into a pci slot, messed with it for a few hours and then uninstalled sp2, problem was still there, so just formatted, installed windows again, then installed sp2 and its fine since

if it does mess up your install so what, it only takes 30mins to install windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I had no problems with any PC i installed SP2 onto. About 1/1000 of installs have a problem, i think

Advertisement