Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck to EduCat!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I never implied that the USI were competent.

But 6 euro is not expensive ffs..

If one had a choice whether or not to pay it then it would be cheap. The fact that ever student in the country has to pay it is the crime. USI - FF junior student corruption...

What if you could choose which union to join?

Many other European countries allow you to choose which Student Union to join. Most have 2 to choose from and some have more. Mostly the Unions are seperated along left/right lines. I would favour a more politically active and more left-leaning student union. I want the choice. It would probably be wise to give folks the choice between which ever registered union but require them to be in a student union of some sort(at national or college level)

I'll raise the issue of union choice again another later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ooh, you mean provide more choices for the young FF and Fine Gael to go into after college? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

/well dont the non affilaited colleges like galway not pay the fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

/well dont the non affilaited colleges like galway not pay the fee?

if they are not affiliated to USI then No I would assume.
    I extend the arguement to paying student union fees in general. You should be alloed to choose which union you are a member of. But still have to be unionised otherwise there would be too much free-riding going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm not arguing any of that other crap with you cos to be honest I don't give a crap..

I'm just interested in your complete lack of logic when labelling a year long membership fee to a union (however useless) of 6euro expensive!
    gom wrote:
    If one had a choice whether or not to pay it then it would be cheap.
    That makes no sense!!!

If I was given the choice whether or not to pay my car insurance. It would still be cost five grand.. which is not cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Trinity students don't have to pay the levy.

Therefore it's cheaper ;):p :rolleyes:

afaik,

you don't HAVE to pay the USI levi buy for the sake of a few euro it's a lot of effort. Basically if they didnt bundle in the fee with registration about 1% of students would pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Congrats Daithi!
    that film was crap. i love films about the rc church, exorisms, the devil stuff like that, but plank was crap and so was the script.
    Yeah, keanu is rubbish. And that was such a horridly mediocre film.

And notice how, in any of these films about demons or exorcisms, if there's a priest, it's always a Roman Catholic priest?

everyone knows RC priests are the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Whenever anyone mentions USI, I can't help thinking about Napoleon Dynamite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rosebyname

Well could anyone tell me what they actually do other than go to ineffective meetings, like the Trinity SU, and how much they are financed by. They should be a lobby group only, I dont see the point in campaigns unless its similar to the no fees ones..

Anyone?
    How bout our esteemed EduCat?

And six euro is almost an hours work for a lowly student like me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I do this in USI

http://www.hea.ie/index.cfm/page/sub/id/881

Its pretty significant and will change the face of medical education in ireland for decades to come, there are also knock on effects for other health sciences courses.

USI does achieve some real gems every now and again, just they are not always perceived locally by individual students.

hey rosey who are you?

Just an anonymous TCDer.. got a problem with that!? ;)

nope. no problem at all. what course you in?

Rosebyname wrote:
    Just an anonymous TCDer..

Welcome :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

welcome rose, fill out the who's-who and keep hands inside the bus at all times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Pet wrote:
    Congrats Daithi!

Yeah, keanu is rubbish. And that was such a horridly mediocre film.

And notice how, in any of these films about demons or exorcisms, if there's a priest, it's always a Roman Catholic priest?

That's because Roman Catholicism is like religion with ninja bishops and ****...

• Advertisement

Im afraid I couldnt fill out the whos who lest my identity be revealed.. Im final year anyways so wont be around TCD for long sadly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Rosebyname wrote:
    Im afraid I couldnt fill out the whos who lest my identity be revealed.. Im final year anyways so wont be around TCD for long sadly...
    since ur in 4th year why would it matter/ why do u care?

I need some privacy in my old age... God knows I dont have it on all the other forums..

Second account have we?

Meh.. welcome anyway

i was actually smelling some roses yesterday and they were genuinely really really sweet.

ok mr rose if u want to stay 100% anonymous stay that way. it's up to you.

Second account have we?

No, not at all.
    i was actually smelling some roses yesterday and they were genuinely really really sweet.

Thats what ive been trying to tell everyone!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

So whats it by reputation then? ;)

Advertisement