Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cap for Eircom Home starter plus

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I got my letter too and while I am excited I know that 2mb won't improve my game pings or my BT d/l speed as a) still 128 up and B) 128 again and throttling etc

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

legend comment from eircom

"Our eircom entry level broadband to be amongst fastest in Europe."

haha....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anarchist wrote:
    I got my letter too and while I am excited I know that 2mb won't improve my game pings or my BT d/l speed as a) still 128 up and B) 128 again and throttling etc
    no speed increase will ever lower game pings as ping hasn't got anything to do with download (unless you're isdn downwards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I was wrong in my previous post about Esats limit increasing. I had gone over my 16G limit yesterday so thay haven't changed anything yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well if esat don't increase, they'll be removing this little tidbit from their site.
    IOl Braodband PLUS gives you DOUBLE the amount of download/upload (16gig total)

Hilarious typo left untouched.
    Of course if they are only talking about it relative to their package well then they will leave it, god I want 32gigs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

I want to upgrade from Eircom Home Starter to either Plus or Business Starter... anyone have any experience of this, such as a one-off charge, etc.?

Cremo wrote:
    no speed increase will ever lower game pings as ping hasn't got anything to do with download (unless you're isdn downwards)
    I pinged 20 less with 512/256 then 512/128
    all my m8's on 512/128 get same ping as me now on 512/128

hence more upload DOES improve ping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Anarchist wrote:
    I pinged 20 less with 512/256 then 512/128
    all my m8's on 512/128 get same ping as me now on 512/128

hence more upload DOES improve ping.

so it had nothing to so with the 512/256 connection having interleaving turned off? :rolleyes:

ooohhh maybe ya
    Can you explain that to me plz
    also why would one isp leave it on and another off
    muchos appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Moriarty wont be pleased if i bring this thread off topic so just do a search for it

• Advertisement

Are the Mods really that strict?
    Even give me a link plz?
    I am new to this place :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

legend comment from eircom

"Our eircom entry level broadband to be amongst fastest in Europe."

haha....

It probably is, you know. Entry level in the UK is 256kbits down still, I think. Of course, it is a BIT cheaper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

what happens if you go over your cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

awhir wrote:
    what happens if you go over your cap
    Well, if you're with Eircom... they typically haven't charged as of yet for going over your cap.

But i'm gonna try and stay under this newly announced cap... at least for the first month!

By the way, it's 3c per MB (i think!) that you go over your cap.. which can quickly add up on BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

how can they start charging for the cap when they still cant accurately measure usage,

im at ten gigs for march, have been since the 22md, when i saw this thread i began downloading about 6 gigs of stuff,
    this finished on the 31st at about 8pm,

despite switching off the router for 10 mins each day to allow the session to refresh my meter still shows 10gigs

now whenver it comes back up, as it seems to be broken, for arpil im expecting to have used 6 gigs of my cap already :/

either that or they stopped monitoring on the 22 or therebouts :)

anyone elses usage metre still not showing april?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mine is not showing anything for april either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

any1 else had their broadband down I have had my EsatBT service down and i dont kno wots wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Jakkass wrote:
    any1 else had their broadband down I have had my EsatBT service down and i dont kno wots wrong

welcome to today, haven't you heard news? they are upgrading, they have to take the service down for some time, to performe an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Chalk wrote:
    how can they start charging for the cap when they still cant accurately measure usage,

im at ten gigs for march, have been since the 22md, when i saw this thread i began downloading about 6 gigs of stuff,
    this finished on the 31st at about 8pm,

despite switching off the router for 10 mins each day to allow the session to refresh my meter still shows 10gigs

now whenver it comes back up, as it seems to be broken, for arpil im expecting to have used 6 gigs of my cap already :/

either that or they stopped monitoring on the 22 or therebouts :)

anyone elses usage metre still not showing april?
    Exact same thing happening here. Mine's been stuck on 4GB for about a week now. And nothing's showing for April.

• Advertisement
Advertisement