Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Friday night in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 28-03-2005 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Coming home from work through Dublin City centre on Good Friday night was surreal.

All the pubs and clubs were shut, foreigners were walking around looking at the sites, the city was peacful, there was no trouble, no drunks getting sick on the street, no dirty smokers standing outside pubs. In fact it was a pleasant place to be. If only town was like that all the time.

It got me thinking what a sad state this country is in. Our lives evolve around the pub. I'm not being critical here, I'm just making an observation.

Could you imagine if there were no pubs, what would people do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i saw the two biggest scumbags on the bus on my way home on friday night didnt see any on patricks day. strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

i saw the two biggest scumbags on the bus on my way home on friday night didnt see any on patricks day. strange.

That is strage. Actually I thought town on Paddy's night was mental with gob****es urinating on the streets and the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I was in Dublin city centre myself on Friday night and I was thinking the same as you. It was so surreal wasn't it! No pubs, no clubs open and no louts. I think nearly ever person who I walked past was foreign. Lots of Americans about. However despite the nice peacefulness of town on Friday night I wouldn't want it to be like that every weekend. I need alcohol! :D

Advertisement