Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs at Phantom - Last minute applications!

Options
  • 28-03-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello,

I've already emailed this to work@phantomfm.com, but I thought I'd post it here to be sure...

I intended on hand-delivering my job application package today, but had a little trouble finding the address so I asked the staff in Whelans and they said I could leave it there and that you guys often pick up mail from there.

So as of today there's at least two envelopes waiting for you behind the main bar in Whelans.

Could you take a minute just to acknowledge receipt of this? Just to put my mind to rest because I'll be freaking out otherwise.

Thanks so much,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

No problem John, will pick that up tomorrow.

For any latecomers with applications, you can either drop them by hand to 12 Camden Row, Dublin 8 (the little street with Whelans venue entrance on it), or if you need to post them, bop us an email (work@phantomfm.com) to let us know they are on the way. Or indeed, give the office a shout on Tuesday on 478 0363.

Full details of all the positions being advertised are at www.phantomfm.com/jobs.htm

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JohnBalfe

Thanks for the reply!

I'll look forward to (hopefully!) hearing from you sometime soon.

All the best,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Pete Reed wrote:
    bop

You're the only person I know who can use that word effortlessly. :)

I think you're the only person I know who uses that word full stop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

roxy wrote:
    You're the only person I know who can use that word effortlessly. :)

I think you're the only person I know who uses that word full stop....

jeez, stop kissing ass Roxy..

Who said it was compliment?

The key is in the veiling, I find....

You know this about me, Kieran.

You know this.

Back in your box.

Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MaryH

I dropped my application into 12 camden row by hand, but the guy i left it with seemed a bit confused at first, when I said I was looking for phantom fm. Just wanted to make sure it got put in with the rest of the mail!

Mary Healy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Dont worry if they look confused, its only a serviced office building. Give Phantoms office a shout on 478 0363 later on and they will confirm that it has arrived around the corner to us.

The office building at 12 Camden Row is open office hours ie 9am - 5pm.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Have you had many applications?

Are many of the jobs already filled from previous Phantomites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

Can I be the receptionist?

I won't break the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Hey Roxy
    Fancy A Bop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 PlanetPob

So how is this recent legal action against Phantom going to affect the recruitment of new staff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

The fact that the building doesn't have a "12" anywhere on it had me very confused for a while. I just went in & asked & the girl at the desk said it was the place & that there'd been lots of confused people coming in & asking all day. Ah well.

To the people on here who applied: what did you include in your application an on the demo?

ThatBloke wrote:
    To the people on here who applied: what did you include in your application an on the demo?

Jaysus, you want everyone's bank details, blood type and shoe size too?

(Great Monty Python sketch -

Michael: Hello, operator, operator...I'm trying to get the police... Yes, that's right. My...my what? Oh. (takes off shoe and looks inside) Eh..a nine and a half, wide fitting. I see...well can you keep trying please.... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Monty Python down your trousers

roxy wrote:
    Jaysus, you want everyone's bank details, blood type and shoe size too?

(Great Monty Python sketch -

Michael: Hello, operator, operator...I'm trying to get the police... Yes, that's right. My...my what? Oh. (takes off shoe and looks inside) Eh..a nine and a half, wide fitting. I see...well can you keep trying please.... )

It's hardly an invasive question is it? I'm just curious about the competition, the deadline has passed so I'm not going to copy anything am I? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I recorded a 10 minute rant criticising Thatbloke from the phantom forum for his consistantly invasive questions and general lack of style.

:D
    seriously though, I sent in 3 demos, one for music show, one for news and one for talk show, basically did an example of each style on each demo, you know, presented the news, played and introduced music and for the talk show took an excerpt from a discussion show I did in college
    you?

Advertisement