Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network camera recommendation

Options
  • 28-03-2005 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a webcam that I can configure over IP and use on my home network. I've seen some interesting hardware, but would appreciate recommendations for (cheap) distributors.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'd be keen to try out one of these but like you have no idea what to look out for.

It'd be great to see one that supports power over Ethernet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

at about €400 these are expensive but good http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=342

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Axis equipment is excellent, they even have remote pan-tilt-zoon versions and models with audio. www.axis.com

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've seen good reviews of the axis products. I've yet to check out the d-link products. I can't imagine that I'll spend 400 euro on the camera though, a little beyond my budget!

Advertisement