Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill 4

Options
  • 28-03-2005 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Was thinking about buying a pre-owned copy of the game. Is it good/bad?

I think I played it on the PS2 (I'd be buying it for the xbox btw) ages ago and found it quite difficult to maneuver around the maps because of the fixed camera view. Am I getting it mixed up with one of the other SH titles maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

From what I heard it's crap beacuse the second half consists of just back-tracking over the first half except with different puzzles. Haven't played it mind so I could be spectacularly wrong.

If you hvae a PS2 I'd say get SH3, it's superb. In a mind boggling "wtf is going on"? sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

SH2 is the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I really liked it but I can honestly say it's nowhere near as good as the previous games. I thought it was a bit too easy to be honest, none of the insane puzzles. The ghost enemies were a nice touch but made it awkward to do anything at times.
    Not as much of a head **** as the previous games which is a shame, and not as many easter eggs either. As always there are some great moments, and the enemies in general are really well designed(except for those ****ing things that stick out of the ground).

However I am a huge fan of survival horrors, and games with hard puzzles, if you're looking for a game that's fast paced and easy to get into then don't buy it, but if you're looking for a good survival horror with a pretty good story, some cool characters and fantastic music isthen this a good buy-but 3 is better and you could probably find it cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

The backtracking comment from Creature is right and, in my opinion, it was a really cheap way of extending gameplay and I would have expected better.

That aside, it is a very enjoyable horror game. I felt it had a much better story than 3 (but nowhere near as good as 2) and had some excellent sequences. But, yeah, cheap backtracking.

If you can get it at a good price then I'd say go for it.

Advertisement