Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a few (presumably simple) questions

Options
  • 29-03-2005 12:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

1: Why has Blacknight not replied to any of my emails to the accounts@blacknight.ie which is the address you asked me to email in the thread Ph3n0m closed?

2: Why has Blacknight still not unlocked www.jaded-sun.com so it can be registered to its new hosting company?

3: When will you guys unlock it?

3: Is this your usual level of customer service or is it just when ppl decide to switch hosts you all decide you dont give a s***?

4: Why do I have to resort to posting these questions here on this forum in this manner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

clearly not the place for this sort of post.

to clarify:

the domain was not bought through us, but rather a reseller.

secondly, your email to accounts@ this weekend was the first contact to us ever.

thirdly, we may be hosting the account, but its through a reseller, this is the person you need to contact.

Paul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I know it's not the place to be posting things like this (see Q.4). I didnt send the emails the people who the domain is for did and besides Im sure they sent it to the right address each time

Are you seriously telling me that you have no control over resellers that are selling your products I find that highly unlikely as if they area reseller they would still have to go through Blacknight to register domains etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

the contract if any is in place between you and the reseller.

for example, if you went to eircom over a netsource bitstream dsl line problem, eircom would fob you off as the line is theirs, the DSL is theirs but the end user is signed up using netsource.

there are many examples, the domain never expired either, it was renewed. - outstanding bill for that it seems.

Also to unlock a domain, an email demanding the same from an unverified person, who has no link (that is visable to me at least) to the customer is also not going to work.

As I said, there was no mail from you or anyone previously. The domain was organised by a reseller.

Talk to the person who sold them the hosting last year.

Paul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

flamegrill wrote:
    the contract if any is in place between you and the reseller.

thats the biggest load of bull ever. either way you guys have control over the domain and can unlock it and dont deny it
    flamegrill wrote:
    there are many examples, the domain never expired either, it was renewed. - outstanding bill for that it seems.

the domain did expire becuase I have a copy of the whois.net domain record on my computer from last week which says differently. why would someone order hosting for 1 year and the domain name for 2.

You guys wanna make things awkward thats fine. I've been onto the owners of the domain expect to hear from their solicitors about this. cos they are not taking kindly to you guys acting like spoilt kids cos they switched hosts cos they thought blacknight was crap and too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Damo, this domain was registered via me ... I have sent jaded-sun a email explaining this.. pm me if you want more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement