Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Holoduel 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I wouldn't call the Broadband one "Friendly" at 27 megs. Or the 56 K one friendly at 8 megs.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Bitch bitch moan moan. Did you even look at the video?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

pretty much the same as the first one but watchable enough

one thing though you spelt classified as cassified at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Achilles wrote:
    Bitch bitch moan moan. Did you even look at the video?

No, but I didn't comment about the content, I just informed you that it's a little off putting with the size.

John

_raptor_ wrote:
    one thing though you spelt classified as cassified at the end
    I never even noticed that. I was up till the wee hours of the night editing that the other night as I wanted to get it finished... I was bound to mess something up.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good fun. I see your star trek fan skills are coming on..

The audio level is too low compared to the background music however.

Yeah I should have lowered down the background music more. Ahh I might re encode it before I put it on the site.

Cheers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

heh what program did you use for the special effects ? tis a cool little film you should send this into blizzard of odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

why didnt you shoot the bollix in the head when you bumped into him on the stairs?

heh what program did you use for the special effects ? tis a cool little film you should send this into blizzard of odd.

It's easily done in adobe premier. Basically you have two shots. One with the actor and one with the same background. You basically overlap the two shots and setup two keyframes.. One with full opacity on the background image (so all you can see is the image with the actor in it), the second keyframe should be no opacity) so it ends up fading from the actor to just the background.

For the star wars beam up effect, you can find them everywhere. Most with a specific background color so you can chroma key out the background color and have just the beam which you can overlap onto the actor. You may have to blend the beam or beam image into the actor fading which can be done in premier also.

Some other people really go mad into it and highlight the person fading out using a matte and use some sparkles and what not.. There are alot of tutorials of how to do it on the net.. Just google beam up tutorial.

• Advertisement

There's a beam out tutorial on my website, www.stevetrek.com
    And erh... 'star wars beam up effect?' What are you on about eh? But yeah you're right about everything else, and I did use a matte to fill the body up with sparkles. But the effects were generated by myself in a program called ParticleIllusion.

Don't worry tho for my tutorial i give you all the rendered files you need.

Beam up, beam out.. I'm not a trekkie so I honestly couldn't care less about the official name for it. Let us not criticise irrelevant stuff :)

Erh, no I was actually referring to the fact that you called it Star Wars

Yeah.. Star Wars.. Star Trek. A minor slip up. No biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They both have stars in them and Aliens and they fly star ships so it's all the same.

Advertisement