Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this gets on my wick...

• 29-03-2005 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I get ticked off when people get mixed up between BITS & BYTES when talking about internet connection speeds.

As most people here know , there is quite a difference between the two figures (bits equals 8 times the bytes).

Advertisements are the worst culprit especially the NTL Broadband channel on Sky digital, channel 666. The presenters havent a clue about what they are talking about. They go on about the different packages and how many times quicker they are than standard dial-up, but who ever got a true 56kbps connection???

They make broadband sound like rocket science...OK, broadband is great, but who cares...its faster, more economical, SO just use it and forget about it.

The eircom ads on TV makes dial-up look as if you couldn't do anything on the internet before the advent of broadband. But to be honest, I just watch them because of Kathryn Thomas...phrowarrrr.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

thx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Inspirational stuff.

Perhaps you could write an article for readers digest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement