Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear DG834G

• 29-03-2005 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used / have experience with this modem router - i have seen mixed reviews online ( lower throughput then others but decent wireless range ) - with newer firmware updates seems to be improved in some areas.

Product link
    http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834G.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Has anyone used / have experience with this modem router - i have seen mixed reviews online ( lower throughput then others but decent wireless range ) - with newer firmware updates seems to be improved in some areas.

Product link

In wrong thread !! but I got the 108 version and its fantastic !! no porblems ....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I have that one and it's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

did you need the firmware updates - i have downloaded 1.5 and i see a 2.something is in beta

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Yes router this works fine for me also but early firmwares gave problems Rev 1.5 has been rock steady for me for months now....Enjoy.

Ae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

thanks Guys...

seems positive enough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

thanks Guys...

seems positive enough

If you do a google search on this you will find that there is even adsl2 firmware out there for it. Seems to be very popular in Australia for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i used to have the 11mbs one, and it was great. never had any problems at all, and very easy to set up and use.
    i cant imagine they have made the newer releases any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Product link

I intermittently get problems (maybe twice a month) with it, but mostly excellent. All problems have been solved by a reset - i.e. pull out the power, then re-attach it.

The range is OK for a 3 storey house, could be more but I have internal Airport card in a Mac laptop which has sh1te range anyway, so I can't tell if it's the wireless card or the Netgear - I'm assuming the former.

I haven't tried the beta firmware, but am on the most recent approved version. Seems grand.

hc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

I have one of these too, had some trouble with the wireless but a firmware update solved that. The latest beta firmware i've been using has caused no problems so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have that one and it's excellent. I had lots of problems with 2 of the previous models and Netgear gave me the upgrade for free. Outstanding aftersales service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement