Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb to Increase speeds

• 29-03-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I contacted Digiweb about cancelling my account in May (end of my first 12 months) in preperation for Smart telecom. I then read about possible delays so I asked them to cancel the cancelation! Anyway here's the emaIl I got from them this morning:

I will keep your account active until I hear otherwise from you.

Just to let you know we are increasing the speed of all our packages within the next week or so and our sales team are currently working on a press launch to let all our customers know what the new packages will be (keep an eye on www.digiweb.ie).

I'm still going to go with Smart though for the free line rental. At least I'll get a taste of faster speeds in the meantime!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

was going rto change to smart but on the 4th of April, esatBT are upping their bandwidth aswell, so no need really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

digitaldr wrote:
    I contacted Digiweb about cancelling my account in May (end of my first 12 months) in preperation for Smart telecom. I then read about possible delays so I asked them to cancel the cancelation! Anyway here's the emaIl I got from them this morning:

I will keep your account active until I hear otherwise from you.

Just to let you know we are increasing the speed of all our packages within the next week or so and our sales team are currently working on a press launch to let all our customers know what the new packages will be (keep an eye on www.digiweb.ie).

I'm still going to go with Smart though for the free line rental. At least I'll get a taste of faster speeds in the meantime!

They're advertising the higher speeds on their site already.
    here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ok so has any1 got the upgrade yet??
    i aint anyway. iv been sending email after email
    and heard feak all back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I'm not a Digiweb customer but i say fair play to Digiweb for coming out with the new speeds and updated there website to reflect this.More then i can say for UTV who have said nothing on the subject. I don't think UTV want any new customers or even hang onto the old ones. You've guessed i'm with UTV then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

yay my line is upgrading to 3mbps, thats 3 times the speed it used to be :D
    i doubt the pin gs will get any better for games tho :(

*edit gave digiweb a quick ring, upload speed is staying at 256k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

If only they'd bump up their wireless speeds now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

thank god its about time irish speeds went up
    3mb`s sounds good to me wont complain about that.
    so do people reakon digiweb will upgrade april 4th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

as a digiweb user, all i can say is WOOT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If they are reselling Eircom bitstream then they have no choice but to upgrade.

Advertisement