Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which STT?

Options
  • 29-03-2005 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Up until this weekend, I normally played $5 Speed STT's on VC but as I won quite a bit over the past few weeks, I decided to graduate to $10 and $15 Speed games. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised in that there doesn't seem to be any significant improvement in the level of play at the higher priced tables i.e. the standard seemed to be pretty much the same. What do most people here play? Cash, MTT or STT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Up until this weekend, I normally played $5 Speed STT's on VC but as I won quite a bit over the past few weeks, I decided to graduate to $10 and $15 Speed games. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised in that there doesn't seem to be any significant improvement in the level of play at the higher priced tables i.e. the standard seemed to be pretty much the same. What do most people here play? Cash, MTT or STT?

I play a lot of STTs. Between $20,$30 and $50 STTs on Pokerstars. depending on how much money I've invested on bonus whoring other sites at the time. I don't particularly like speed tournies. I think as an above average player you would have a bigger edge over weak oponents with slower increasing levels since you don't have to get involved in as many conflip or force marginal edges earlier.

I don't like the VC STTs at all. I think they miss a couple of blind levels. Also does it annoy anyone else that when you type in a raise say "600" you're not raising to 600, but 600 plus the previous bet? That's just bloody confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

What do most people here play? Cash, MTT or STT?
    PL Omaha, little bit of STT's. Avoiding cash game hold'em cos I'm shíte at them.

Advertisement