Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to buy in

Options
  • 29-03-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

My wife and I are looking to buy our first house soon and we have a budget of approx €275k.

We both work in Dublin so we are looking mainly at places on the train line.

Areas that we have narrowed it down to are

Gormanston
    Balbriggan
    Rush
    Celbridge
    Newbridge
    Leixlip
    Clonsilla
    Coolmine/Carpenterstown
    Cabra/Broombridge

Any advice on which of these areas are recommended would be welcome as I'm not a local and unfamiliar with all of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ixiathor

Celbridge is not bad .. but getting very built up now .. access is pretty good especially since they open the interchange. Most of our neighbours seem to like it .. but the estates vary quite a bit in price .. the older estates on the maynooth road are cheaper than the newer ones on the clane and newcastle rd. Bus service to town is fairly ok. Good points include the Abbey, Castletown and the mill .. pubs are fairly ok. Tesco is in the old shopping centre but are planning to build a large store on an adjacent site.

275K would have got a 3bed semi last year but not sure now .. have moved out further. Check www.coonans.com for a guide .. also lots on myhome.ie in the area

Train station is about 1.5 miles out of the town on the Newcastle Rd and only goes as far as Heuston so pretty useless if you work in the centre

Never liked Leixlip .. poor shopping too .. but there is a sports centre I think

Friends of our live in Balbriggan and find it great for the train into Connolly but the train gets very packed .. prices are a bit better there as well

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Have you considered around Kildare Town ?
    I'm just after buying a 3 bed in Nurney which is about 3 miles outside kildare town for 220k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rush is a lovely area,beside the sea etc.and within your budget(just)

The downside is the train station is a couple of miles away :o

Have you considered Donabate?It might be within budget and has a train station in the centre of the town(more or less)

Advertisement