Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI-Ex power cable ?

Options
  • 29-03-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if i can get a cable to convert a standard HDD power cable to a PCI-Ex one ? Or do i need to shell out on a new PSU ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

All PCIe Graphics cards come with a molex (HD power) to PCIe converter. If you don't have one you can buy them online.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Anyone know if i can get a cable to convert a standard HDD power cable to a PCI-Ex one ? Or do i need to shell out on a new PSU ????
    i've got an extra one here. pm me your address and i'll post it on. it converts 2 molex into pci-x.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Thanks for the offer Dman but i'll wait and see if the vid card arrives with one , cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

if its a shapphire pci-e i wounld'nt hold my breath ...i got my x800xt and couldnt use it till a bought a new psu...cos back then nobody even knew that there was a different type of power connection for pci-e never mind where to get one and the antec neo-power was the only psu on the market that had one built into it... ...and due to the fact that the company said to keep the overall cost of the card down they didnt throw in a 2 euro 6pin adaptor with a 569 euro graphics card ...i got it in the end thanks to the lads in peats...who it has to be said have never let me down...i have one aswell if your badly stuck im in dublin 12 if your near by

Advertisement