Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Newbridge

Options
  • 29-03-2005 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying a house in Newbridge and will be planning to work from home. Does anyone know if broadband is available in Newbridge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Yep, a friend of mine lives in Newbridge and has Esat BT BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

ESAT and Eircom both available, suggest if it's a second hand house check out the current owners phone number on eircom.ie's compatability test page just to be sure to be sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes most towns in Co Kildare have broadband ,even tiny towns like robertstown etc have it.
    Im in Monasterevin and have eircom home plus about 4-5 weeks now.
    Expensive i suppose but superb service so far,great pings,no downtime whatsoever,looking forward tomy 2 meg line soon :)
    I know quite a few in Newbridge with broadband so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Dcully wrote:
    Yes most towns in Co Kildare have broadband ,even tiny towns like robertstown etc have it.
    Im in Monasterevin and have eircom home plus about 4-5 weeks now.
    Expensive i suppose but superb service so far,great pings,no downtime whatsoever,looking forward tomy 2 meg line soon :)
    I know quite a few in Newbridge with broadband so you should be fine.

Ballymore doesn't (and probably never will) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Dcully wrote:

Yeah Roberstown only has broadband it due to my repeated nagging :D . I finally Convinced them to give me Broadband! Yay! Wish they would start accepting the orders though. How long does it usually take for an exchange to provide broadband after being enabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭islander35

could someone please recommend a good broadband provider that doesnt require a landline, in the newbridge area please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

UPC i had eircom and was payin 50 p/m for 2mb now i'm only payin 40 for 20mb with upc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

You should be able to get QBSL, Irish Broadband, Clearwire or Leinster Broadband without a landline in Newbridge

Advertisement