Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP US launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599156p1.html?fromint=1

"hmm.. the PSP launch at my Wal-Mart went like this. We opened at 7am. 10am we sold one. 11:30. we sold another. 5:00pm. Almost sold one, another customer said "metal gear is a card game" lost the sale. we have 58 units left. great day."

Mabye they should of started advertising earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got word they shipped my PSP gretzky bundle yesterday, I cancelled my original order as I said and ordered the Gretzky bundle the other day, went to the back of the order queue but reckon everyone else didn't add two and two and now have to wait til Value packs arrive, hope to have the machine plus lumines on Friday. Expecting wipeout pure today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Got word they shipped my PSP gretzky bundle yesterday, I cancelled my original order as I said and ordered the Gretzky bundle the other day, went to the back of the order queue but reckon everyone else didn't add two and two and now have to wait til Value packs arrive, hope to have the machine plus lumines on Friday. Expecting wipeout pure today.

Also expecting Wipeout today,

edit. postmans been & gone, no Wipeout :mad: :mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

w00p got my Wipeout Pure and NBA in the post just there! :D

carbsy wrote:
    w00p got my Wipeout Pure and NBA in the post just there! :D

who did you order with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

L5 wrote:
    who did you order with?

Pre ordered them with Video Games Plus in Canada.Worked out at 37 yoyos each which is a steal tbh.

carbsy wrote:
    Pre ordered them with Video Games Plus in Canada.Worked out at 37 yoyos each which is a steal tbh.

yeah me too, was posted last monday, oh well should be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

on the Dead Pixels front, Sony seem to have softened a little. It appears to be on a case by case basis (which involves them asking you to play with if for a week and see if the problem goes away), more here : http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599185p1.html

oh, And I got mine a while ago from ebay, and I am blown away by it. I haven't gotten this worked up over a piece of technology in a long time. I can't wait for the keyboard to be released and a web browser. And while I'm at it, I'm dying to see Linux ported to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

WipEout PurE has arrived upon Irish shores.

IT. IS. GOOOOD.

DAT EEZ AL

(ps goodbye forever - this game is too good to waste any more ti

git. why wasnt mine delivered today :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

Does this really deserve its own thread?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

no - merged

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

impatiently waiting for mine also, tick - tock, tick - tock, tick - tock...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Received Lumines and Ridge Racer from DVDSoon today. Unfortunatly all i can do is look at the instruction manual as its going to be a while till they ship my PSP Value pack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Day of mixed emotions yesterday, waiting patiently for Wipeout to arrive, envelope popped through the letter box, dashed over, caressed the white jiffybag like a lover, ripped it open and out came......

Lumines!!!!!!!!!

FECK!!!!!

Got on to the DVDsoon website, sure enough codes on shipped stuff were the same, they sent me the wrong game, and I also had another copy of Lumines winging its way to me, should be here tomorrow with the PSP.

Sent an email, realised that they would take ages to reply and waited til 3pm to call them up, expecting to jump through the usual hoops of repacking Lumines and sending it back, then waiting til they sent on Wipeout proper.

Much to my delight Lady on the phone was very pleasant, said that the issue was their fault, just print out a form with details of error, sign it, scan it and email it and within 3 days Wipeout will be sent, and by the way you can keep the game,
    not bad service at all I reckon.

So If anyone out there has something to swap for a US copy of Lumines, say Gradius V on PS2 or something on PSP let me know!!!

Will let you know what the Gretzky pack consists of when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

gretzky pack has everything tha the value pack has, inc. spiderman 2 UMD and a copy of gretzky NHL. got mine today, from VG+.

Mbroaders, the reason is that they are not going to send you a value pack til they get them in, best thing you could do is what i did, cancel the value pack order and go for the canadian gretzky pack.

Bugger, machine never arrived today, getting a little tense about duty charges, anyone else getting one through the regular post get hit?
    It should be here in the am, hopefully without the hefty duty surcharge.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Mbroaders, the reason is that they are not going to send you a value pack til they get them in, best thing you could do is what i did, cancel the value pack order and go for the canadian gretzky pack.

Bugger, machine never arrived today, getting a little tense about duty charges, anyone else getting one through the regular post get hit?
    It should be here in the am, hopefully without the hefty duty surcharge.

My PSP Value pack cost me $224CAD. If were to cancel and re-order the Gretzky Pack it would cost €400CAD.

I think i'll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where did you get it, mbroaders? They're supposed to be $299CAD...

DVDSoon. I have a fidelity card which gave 25% everything when the PSP was first put on the site.

• Advertisement

Nope, I got shagged there as well, no discount on the Gretzky pack, had to pay a few extra quid.
    Still no sign of the blasted console, on a brighter note, WipEout Pure turned up! Its a funny old world!
    I wonder if I can track the PSP, is it holed up in a warehouse as we speak with some little drone from the government rubbing his hands together in glee at how much they are going to shaft me for in duty.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    on a brighter note, WipEout Pure turned up!

Feel like renting it out? :D

Well a mate just brought me home spiderman2 - w00t
    so Ive wipeout and spiderman2 and rr now!

Spiderman2 takes a bit of getting used to- but once you get into the 'swing' (sorry) of it it's a decent game (hear its a bit short though).

WipEout is delicious - can't wait for my first multiplayer game - you guys see all the PSP stuff in gamestop???

now im pissed off. Still havent gotten wipeout, no doubt the excuse for a postal company in this country has mislaid it. Time to contact videogamesplus :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey L5 - you hear that wipEout comes with the GTA demo?

Hey L5 - you hear that wipEout comes with the GTA demo?

hahah...nice try ;)

:D

but you've no idea how pissed off i am, expecting it in the post every day since tuesday, and not here today either. Fúckin useless bástards an post. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

why dont you just wait for the psp to come out over here and there is no hassle in getting one. are the games released here going to run on a US psp or will it need to be modified like the original playstation ?

• Advertisement

They will be multi region. Games from anywhere can be played on any PSP.

Advertisement