Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP US launch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The games are all region free. Movies arn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey lads i bought 2 games now wipeout fusion and tony hawks underground remix.there on the way to me as we speak
    but i want to get 2 more games any suggestions

and wheres the best place to get them i was thinking of lik sang and dvd soon, but is there any where cheaper than lik sang and faster shipping and cheaper than dvdsoon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, contacted the local delivery office, in the off chance that my psp was going to have to linger there all alone til monday, but to no avail. Godamnit, where is my PSP?
    Its getting to me now, all I want to do is play my games and I have nothing to do but take them out and stroke them gently til it turns up!
    I know in a couple of months the machine will be everywhere and as exceptional as a walkman but for now its the most desirable piece of kit, and I want one!!!
    They still haven't shipped Need for Speed underground, not too worried about Mercury as its not released until the 5th of April, will it come with the tilt sensor I wonder, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I hear that the tilt-sensor wont be out til later :(
    Im thinking of getting lumines next... or a wireless network card so i can play wipeout online.

I feel your pain guys - but hang in there - I couldnt enjoy ANY of the games I got last week because my master's thesis was due and I kinda messed it up so remember - patience is a virtue.

And you're still gonna have one way before anyone else anyway. Despite all the stuff in HMV and Gamestop - psp wont be out in Europe for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

can anyone get their psp to connect to a router with WLAN power saving on?
    didnt know wipeout been tunnelled to play online yet? sounds like alot of ppl are having difficultly getting their stuff delivered. looks like i was lucky with mine for a change

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Buggerit!! Was looking forward to tilting my new PSP about with Mercury, feck, why can't things ever be as good as the hype, ah well, good thing I just got Doom3 on my Xbox, that'll keep me warm til the PSP turns up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

hal9000 wrote:
    can anyone get their psp to connect to a router with WLAN power saving on?
    didnt know wipeout been tunnelled to play online yet? sounds like alot of ppl are having difficultly getting their stuff delivered. looks like i was lucky with mine for a change

yeah no problem

Woo Hoo!!!
    Turned up this morning, lovely stuff, just dumping a load of photos and stuff onto it, its sweet!

Life is good again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Woo Hoo!!!
    Turned up this morning, lovely stuff, just dumping a load of photos and stuff onto it, its sweet!

Life is good again!

grats I just got Untold legends today, it looks good, at least its what I thought it would be, also its sweet watching Resident evil2 on the bus into work this morning

any one having trouble with the square button

****ing sony why cant they do things right :confused:

did any one ever see this pic

http://www.gamesarefun.com/consoles/psp/square.jpg

look how bad the [] is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

any one having trouble with the square button

****ing sony why cant they do things right :confused:

did any one ever see this pic

http://www.gamesarefun.com/consoles/psp/square.jpg

look how bad the [] is

Are you having problems with your square button?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Are you having problems with your square button?
    ya i am a bit just got a button bashing game
    is there anything i can do to fix it [something]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What problem you having?

Nope.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    What problem you having?

Nope.
    the problem im having is when i press the [] sometimes when playing Dynasty Warriors when pressing the [] button the fighter your controlling suppose to swing his sword but he doesnt do it right away of pressing he []

hope you get what i mean, its less less responsive doesnt feels good as the other buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

strange my square button seems to be fine but the circle button seems to be a bit dodgy (god i never thought id have to say that sentence in my life :D )

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

There is a known problem with the square button, one of the head people at SCE said something silly like it’s not a problem, it’s designed that way so they could fit everything in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

yeah the first batch of japanese ones have that problem, all ones produced from feb on, and all US ones do not have that problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

monument wrote:
    There is a known problem with the square button, one of the head people at SCE said something silly like it’s not a problem, it’s designed that way so they could fit everything in.
    That was Ken Kutaragi... the daddy of the PSP, and his paranoia and love of secrecy is one of the reasons the PSP isn't really compatible with other SONY products - compatibility being one of the things that SONY pride themselves on.

He's been demoted since though; I think he makes the tea now or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 plague

My PSP arrived monday. Didn't get anything with the thing, stupid me! Jap PSP, so no spiderman or damo disc :(

Though just found out that first game has arrived at home...can't wait to get a hold of it!! :D

And it's....Ridge Racers(US). Was hoping for lumines....not to worry, it'll keep me occupied while I try repairing my PC tonight. Typical tho, the game from Hong Kong reaches me before the one I ordered from the UK!

So how many people have PSPs then? Wondering what's the possibility of getting some multiplayer games going. Games that doesn't require me to have a wireless router or BB! :)

Still hard at WipeOut and Ridge, my god they are perfect, Wayne Gretzky isn't bad at all, even though its not my cup of tea. Lumines is still unknown to me, not really applied myself to it yet, nice soundtrack in Ridge Racers though, WOW!, nice to get it on cd or something.

• Advertisement

I'm very much enjoying Ridge Racer at the moment. And just ordered Wipeout a earlier this morning! :D

But Lumines STILL hasn't arrived, not impressed in the slightest! But it is typical I suppose... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Just got Tony Hawks, Im gonna order Tiger woods next week. cant wait to get home and try it out..........

Still awaiting my copies of Need for Speed Underground Rivals and Mercury from Dvdsoon, not impressed by their lack of haste on sending them to me.

Tell me about it! Been waiting everyday to get something in the post...over and over...wondering where the hell it is!

I used to think that the 5-7 days, 7-21 days or whatever they give, is a 'just in case there's some stupid delay but otherwise you'll get it in a couple of days' type of estimation. Recently they've been arriving in the day before you are able to contact them about not receiving a delivery.

And I'm just an impatient bugger! I want it now! :mad:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I used www.ncsxshop.com last wednesday and got it today, $10 delivery and they marked it down to $15 for customs, €44 in total for the game. quite happy with that.

Just got Tony Hawks, Im gonna order Tiger woods next week. cant wait to get home and try it out..........
    tiger woods is brilliant the best game on the psp for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Dvdsoon has started to get value packs in now :) Hopefully won't be too long before mine ships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

does this mean interest in the ps2 is dying? i was going to buy a ps2. but may wait to see if they go down due to this console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

The PSP is nothing new. It's an extreme handheld gaming console that costs a lot, just like the Game Gear was many years ago.

There's a lot of hatred towards Nintendo in Ireland. I admit Nintendo Europe is ****, but most European game branches are **** (Capcom being the worst these days, no Megaman Anniversary collection!?).

The DS is something new at least. The graphics aren't ****-your-pants cool, but a lot of the gameplay sure is. It's a shame people write it off as a gimmick. It wasn't even fully intended to replace the GBA initially.

I hope the DS does well. The PSP got off to a bad launch in the US, and even though the PSP is currently selling the DS, the DS still has far higher sales figures in general that will go back up when the likes of Prime Hunters are released.

I don't want PS2 games on my handheld right now. I want them on my PS2 where the batteries don't run down after 3 hours (5+ hours is bull****, all those tests do is play Lumine, the first batch of games aren't going to be as taxing as the ones about to come).

PS2 games I like to sit a down and concentrate on. Whereas Nintendo make a lot of games that would be fun portable. Mario 64 is hard to control (IMO the touch screen works marveously if you use it right though), but at least it's simple, fun, and therefore suitable to a handheld.

I'm afraid for what they're going to release in the PSP by this time next year.

Unfortunately, Sony could well kill off the one branch that's kept oldschool 2D and inventive gaming aliv so long. It could well bomb in Ireland because of the massive userbase Sony has, due the the insane Chav/Trendy population.

Note that I'm bashing it base on principle more than the actual current quality of games.

If the PSP beats the DS by a reasonable amount, I resign my interest in modern gaming. I'm sick of the way things are going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

thanks for the nfo dude. i had a dreamcast years ago . i played virtual tennis till my eyes caved in
    nokia-sequencer.gif

Advertisement