Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP US launch

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hackster666

Don't know if it works i got it from psp vault

just load it to your psp using a usb cable

heres what they say to do

PlayStation Portable aficionados have produced a video file that reportedly "unsticks" dead pixels in 60 per cent of cases.

Available from PSP-Vault, the video apparently works by flashing red, green and blue repeatedly. Although we've been unable to verify this ourselves (your correspondent's PSP only has under-the-screen dust specs, sadly, rather than dead pixels), there are plenty of reports that it does work.

All you have to do to load it on to your PSP is plug the console into your PC using an appropriate USB cable (the ones that come with Sony digi-cams work for us), select USB Connection, access the PSP using My Computer/Windows Explorer (or equivalent), create a folder called MP_ROOT and another within it called 100MNV01 and pop it in there. It should then be accessible through the Video section of the PSP user interface.

Although it's safe to say the PSP is "pretty popular" around the globe, one of the chief complaints has been the prevalence of broken pixels, with many reports of gamers returning theirs to stores in frustration at their discovery.

So then. If you have any luck getting this to work, be sure to let us know.

hope that helps
    don't know if it works lol
    trying it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hackster666

Don't know if it works i got it from psp vault

just load it to your psp using a usb cable

heres what they say to do

PlayStation Portable aficionados have produced a video file that reportedly "unsticks" dead pixels in 60 per cent of cases.

Available from PSP-Vault, the video apparently works by flashing red, green and blue repeatedly. Although we've been unable to verify this ourselves (your correspondent's PSP only has under-the-screen dust specs, sadly, rather than dead pixels), there are plenty of reports that it does work.

All you have to do to load it on to your PSP is plug the console into your PC using an appropriate USB cable (the ones that come with Sony digi-cams work for us), select USB Connection, access the PSP using My Computer/Windows Explorer (or equivalent), create a folder called MP_ROOT and another within it called 100MNV01 and pop it in there. It should then be accessible through the Video section of the PSP user interface.

Although it's safe to say the PSP is "pretty popular" around the globe, one of the chief complaints has been the prevalence of broken pixels, with many reports of gamers returning theirs to stores in frustration at their discovery.

So then. If you have any luck getting this to work, be sure to let us know.

hope that helps
    don't know if it works lol
    trying it now

please can people comment on whether it works for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 OptimusMime

Nah, there were tons of PSPs in Dublin at least. People couldn't really give a **** about fancy graphics and PS2 ports when they have to spend double what a PS2 and a rake of games costs in order to get the thing and a proper MSProDuo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

vamp much ?
    the video that flashes RGB, only supposidly fixes "stuck" pixels, not dead ones.
    Everyone seems to have atleast 1 dead pixel, dont go blowing 40 euros over a new screen, live with it, hardly noticible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Placebo wrote:
    vamp much ?
    the video that flashes RGB, only supposidly fixes "stuck" pixels, not dead ones.
    Everyone seems to have atleast 1 dead pixel, dont go blowing 40 euros over a new screen, live with it, hardly noticible.

should'nt have to live with it though! you paid what €250? for a defective item, if my psp had just one dead pixel i'd bring it back, even if i could barly see it, im not paying for faulty goods, and neither should anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But a dead pixel is not considered faulty. Its just something that happens to LCD screens.

Advertisement