Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of Hands from last Friday

Options
  • 29-03-2005 3:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First off it was great to make a final table after so long but very frustrating to go out 6th winning only €200 having started the final table in 2nd position. Anway 2 hands I played in:-

10 players left blinds at 3000-6000 and I have 26000 on the button (The blinds were just plain crazy imho) when mid position player goes all-in for 23000. This guy is a very solid player who I know will have a decent hand. I look down at AJ suited and call. He shows pocket 10s and I hit a jack to knock him out.

I think this was a very bad call but a rush of blood etc. and I get lucky.

6 of us left on the final table. Joe O'Neill is a big chip leader but stacks are virtually worthless with blinds at 4000-8000. I have about 30000 and am in SB. Joe raises it. I look down at pocket Js and knowing Joe might just be bullying re-raise all-in. BB calls me and Joe decides to leave it to us. BB shows AK and the flop is J..........Q 10. Bleeding marvelous.

This time I think it was the right move and I got unlucky.

I heard afterwards they split it with 4 left, €1200 each :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Personally, I wouldn't have made the AJ suited call on the bubble without a 2-1 chip lead over the other player, if you knew he was solid. If I had a massive chip lead at that stage I would have made the call without batting an eyelid. Well, maybe half an eyelid...or should that be half a bat?

Defo the right move (IMHO) second time - thems the breaks.

That said, what do I know? Still haven't ready that Sklansky chap yet that everyone swears by...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

musician wrote:
    10 players left blinds at 3000-6000 and I have 26000 on the button (The blinds were just plain crazy imho) when mid position player goes all-in for 23000. This guy is a very solid player who I know will have a decent hand. I look down at AJ suited and call. He shows pocket 10s and I hit a jack to knock him out.
    You have to win a few 50-50's along the way when you get to a final table, AJs is not a great hand but with blinds that big you can't sit about waiting for monsters.
    musician wrote:
    6 of us left on the final table. Joe O'Neill is a big chip leader but stacks are virtually worthless with blinds at 4000-8000. I have about 30000 and am in SB. Joe raises it. I look down at pocket Js and knowing Joe might just be bullying re-raise all-in. BB calls me and Joe decides to leave it to us. BB shows AK and the flop is J..........Q 10. Bleeding marvelous.
    Nothing wrong with the call, flop was nasty but you still had outs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

lafortezza wrote:
    Nothing wrong with the call, flop was nasty but you still had outs.

Yeah as he was raking in the pot he said he was expecting the board to pair but I said I wasn't it expecting it to pair and we couldn't both win out on pessimism :)

Advertisement