Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Kevin! However!

Options
  • 29-03-2005 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

I forgot to mention how delighted I am that Kevin Maloney did so well in the Open. He's one hell of a player and I think he's only about 14!
    Seriously, he is really good. I played him heads up in a tourney and after half an hour was really glad that he agreed to share it!

However....

Kevin got 9th and won 5400. It cost him 2200 to play! Getting two grand in profit from the final table when there were 150 (?) players is a joke.

As I said in a different post 4 players got 1750 each from a 40 euro rebuy tourney in the Fitz on Sunday. I think the figures speak for themselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

As I said in a different post 4 players got 1750 each from a 40 euro rebuy tourney in the Fitz on Sunday. I think the figures speak for themselves.

Not really a fair comparison....

If the top 4 players chopped on sunday they would be sharing
    283250/4=70812.50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

How did you do Mark?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, Kev "The Assassin" did good, I was chuffed for him as he didnt think he'd make the money when they broke for the night.

I've had this argument many times with many people and I agree with you Doc. I prefer to see a slower flatter structure of payouts. (Anyone remember the argument about the points for the Boards tournie... lets not go there eh? :) )

Lots of people prefer all the money stuffed into the top three, like 2/3rds or 3/4 of it. I dont but it seems a majority do, or at least do until they get the bubble or 6th or something. I can see the point that says "winning the Irish open shouldnt be 75K" though.

Paddys added in 20K to the prize money so there was value for all but like the blinds structure, the payout structure was decided elsewhere.

We should be toasting one of our own though and not dwell on the negative (or start a different thread for that discussion). Well done Kev, fair dues!

DeV.

bohsman wrote:
    How did you do Mark?

I posted it in the Irish Open thread - nowhere near the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Fair enough Mark,

however!

Am I the only one who thinks that the payout structure is too steep?
    Perhaps i am....

I'll probably play tonight although I am still hungover from last night. Renards has without comparison the worst pint of Guinness in Dublin. It tastes like it was left to rot in burnt pipes. Which may in fact be true.

Hard luck in the big one. Lost a euro with Paddy Powers because of your disasterous results ;)

I'm off the bandwagon baby. At least till the WPT!

By the way Amazon have posted me out my 8 DVDs of the WPT 2nd season. So they are now in stock for about 40 quid.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Mark,

I'm off the bandwagon baby. At least till the WPT!

Keep the faith Des, I won't let you down.

Personally I prefer the top heavy prize structure - but I do understand why some people don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Just found out what happened to Kevin.

He pushed all his chips in with AQ without saying all in, Jimmy didnt notice that Kevin has gone all in and goes on the steal with KT and hits two pair

Advertisement