Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT BT free connection if you convert to them?

• 29-03-2005 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi, a quick one which i'm sure many of you will probably know off the top of yer heads - i just signed on for the free 3 months trial of ESAT broadband. they tell me it'd cost 90 connection, though if i went with them with my landline telephone there would be no connection fee, and since i rarely use my landline anyway (and what use i do get out of it i use Vartec) i said yeah sure why not and did it.

now i am wondering if there is some small print i might be missing, is there some disadvantage of what i did (considering i never particularly liked Eircom anyway). will this cause delays, or have Eircom charge me some disconnection fee ESAT may have neglected to mention to me? ESAT assure me they charge EXACTLY the same line rental as Eircom...

thanks for yer help on this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

As far as I can remember when I was talking to them, you ONLY get if free connection if you sign up to one of their "Plus" packages (ie. if you have advantage with broadband plus, or advantage plus with broadband - either way you end up getting screwed out of AT LEAST €60 per month).

The Advantage Plus gives bb for €30, and unlimited calls for €25, plus another €24.50 for line rental.

Broadband plus gives bb for €40, plus line rental for €24.50 and whatever else for your calls.

Long run - don't bother, just because they claim "Free connections" many other companies such as ntl or smart offer "free" connections too! smile.gif

Advertisement