Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology in DBS

Options
  • 29-03-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know what the fees are like for part time courses in Dublin Business School??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thingamajig

I am in the first year of a part time psychotherapy course in DBS and I think the fees are fairly acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I am in the first year of a part time psychotherapy course in DBS and I think the fees are fairly acceptable.

Are you in 'BA Counselling & Psychotherapy' part time?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

That psychotherapy one is the one i really want to do but unfortunatley im too young. You have to be 25 for that. So im thinking of doing psychology through the arts degree but im wondering what the job prospects will be like with just the degree or will I need to go on and do a masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

That psychotherapy one is the one i really want to do but unfortunatley im too young. You have to be 25 for that. So im thinking of doing psychology through the arts degree but im wondering what the job prospects will be like with just the degree or will I need to go on and do a masters.

As a good rule of thumb, to work as a reputable psychotherapist you will need:

1. A good honours degree in psychology from a university in good standing [I can't vouch for DBS in this regard].
    2. A masters or PgDip course from a university in good standing, or professional training to this standard from another course e.g. as part of a PhD programme
    3. Mentoring/Hands on training from a psychotherapist.

Anything else, or training that doesn't go to this level, and you are essentially cheating.

As a good rule of thumb, to work as a reputable psychotherapist you will need:

1. A good honours degree in psychology from a university in good standing [I can't vouch for DBS in this regard].
    2. A masters or PgDip course from a university in good standing, or professional training to this standard from another course e.g. as part of a PhD programme
    3. Mentoring/Hands on training from a psychotherapist.

Anything else, or training that doesn't go to this level, and you are essentially cheating.

Thanks Eoghan, tbh, i would probably like to just be a counsellor/social worker afterwards but im interested in doing a full on psychology degree because its an area which im really interested in.

• Advertisement

would anyone know of any other part time degrees in psychology??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Both full time and part time psychology courses in DBS are accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland.

http://www.psihq.ie/accred_UnderGradList.asp

Advertisement