Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FS: 1 set of CLS55 AMG wheels

Options
  • 29-03-2005 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

THE man who made his fortune from the world’s fastest cars is going nowhere in his new £300,000 Mercedes.

First, Bernie Ecclestone, left, lost control of Formula One racing to a consortium of investment banks. Then he lost his wheels to a thief outside his home in Chelsea.

The car is a 5.4-litre CLS55 AMG V8 Kompressor, with fingertip recognition and acceleration of 0-62mph in 4.7sec. It is the first of its kind in Britain.

The wheels were 18in twin-spokes with wide-base tyres. They will cost more than £5,000 each to replace.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,4484-1544715,00.html

cnts smiley_hehehmn.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes I can see it now. There is probably some scumbag driving around in his Micra with 18" AMG alloys. :D

Ah sure if he can afford to pay that kind of silly money for a German barge then he can afford to replace the wheels. No pitty for him, maybe he should invest in a proper alarm first though!

Would have been nice to see a photo of the AMG up on blocks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JC loved that CLS. Won't have a spin myself until June and not in the AMG, just the 3.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

The wheel thing I understand - being a garda makes that bit simple - but the bit about Bernie losing control of F1 to a consortium of investment banks - what's that all about :confused:
    Have I been asleep for the past month - will someone please enlighten me :confused:

Advertisement